Uber/Lyft from LAX to DLH ?

Syndrome

Who's super now?
Just considering using Uber/Lyft from LAX to DLH for our upcoming trip . Have used car service and rented a car in the past , but this time we am considering using an Uber or Lyft . Car parking at DLH is $$$ . Just to let a car sit there all week would be $320. plus the rental , and dont have plans to go anywhere other than the DL bubble. Car service will be fine, have used Lansky in the past which was great, but their prices are getting a bit high (Its just for 2 of us).
Wasnt really considering Uber/Lyft until I figured out we will be arriving in Terminal 1 at LAX, which is basically right next door and an easy walk to the LAXit lot next door (Uber/Lyft/Taxi pick up area). . Rates look to be about $65-$100 each way . Might be "surge" pricing in effect though , as our ride would be approx 11am on a Saturday to DLH , and about noon on a Sunday back to LAX .

What do you all think ? Pro's / Con's ?
Its just 2 of us with just a few suitcases . No kids / car seat worries . Not super pressed for time , nothing planned for arrival day, etc.

Any reports on catching an Uber/Lyft from the LAXit lot ?

Thanks !

We use to use Lansky's but after a irritating experience with them for Universal once we switched to just using Uber/Lyft and never have had issues. I normally tip them decent when going from LAX though

I just used Lyft from SNA to DLR and our driver said that he no longer accepts rides to/from LAX because of the amount of time spent waiting to get in and out. They don't get paid for the time it takes them to get in if they're picking up or out if dropping off, which can be significant at LAX. He also said that the ride share companies increased the percentage they get so the drivers now get quite a bit less profit than before, which makes LAX less appealing to ride share drivers. I don't know if this has affected the ability to get an Uber or Lyft but he did say that many drivers were no longer going to LAX.

I used Uber this past October 29th from LAX to DL and it was $61.99 before tip. It was not hard to get one (other than LAX’s stupid policy of not allowing pickups at the terminals anymore).

Thanks for all the info !

I used Uber this past October 29th from LAX to DL and it was $61.99 before tip. It was not hard to get one (other than LAX’s stupid policy of not allowing pickups at the terminals anymore).

Agree with this . If we were not in Terminal 1 which is right next door to Laxit , prob wouldnt even consider it.
I do believe Uber / Lyft can drop of at the terminals for departures right ? Still not a big deal for us, if they drop of at the Laxit lot. Terminal 1 is the closest terminal to Laxit, so thats a plus.

Thanks for all the info !

Agree with this . If we were not in Terminal 1 which is right next door to Laxit , prob wouldnt even consider it.
I do believe Uber / Lyft can drop of at the terminals for departures right ? Still not a big deal for us, if they drop of at the Laxit lot. Terminal 1 is the closest terminal to Laxit, so thats a plus.
Yes they can drop off at the terminals. We took an Uber back to LAX at the end of our trip too though not from DL.

Drop offs can occur at the terminal on the top floor (departures). I pick up relatives at departures as well. It is a lot less chaotic than at arrivals. Since the rules are very specific for rideshare, I'm not sure you would be able to convince an Uber/Lyft driver to pick you up there.

I've never done it, but I've heard that taking a shuttle to a hotel, and arranging for rideshare pick up at the hotel is a lot cheaper.

Last edited:

I typically rent a car at LAX and drop it off that night near DLH to avoid the parking fee. Alamo is within walking distance of DLH. Having the rental car on day one, I will run errands plus visit some offsite places before settling into the DL bubble. Since I fly from the East Coast, I arrive very early at LAX.

I typically rent a car at LAX and drop it off that night near DLH to avoid the parking fee. Alamo is within walking distance of DLH. Having the rental car on day one, I will run errands plus visit some offsite places before settling into the DL bubble. Since I fly from the East Coast, I arrive very early at LAX.
Is there still an Alamo in DTD?

I've only used Uber to/from LAX to DL area. Never had an issue. I think the most I've ever paid was around $70. Adults with no car seats and a suitcase and carry-on each. It's always been a quick process no matter the terminal (I think it's usually 4-5, we fly American). We always ride the LAXit shuttle and it's easy. They are constantly running and I don't think we've waited more than 5 min for one.

I've only used Uber to/from LAX to DL area. Never had an issue. I think the most I've ever paid was around $70. Adults with no car seats and a suitcase and carry-on each. It's always been a quick process no matter the terminal (I think it's usually 4-5, we fly American). We always ride the LAXit shuttle and it's easy. They are constantly running and I don't think we've waited more than 5 min for one.
Thanks for the input . We are going to give it a go . With Terminal 1 being right next door to the LAXit lot , it makes it an easier decision for us to try it .

Thanks for the input . We are going to give it a go . With Terminal 1 being right next door to the LAXit lot , it makes it an easier decision for us to try it .

I've done it and think it works great. Well, actually, I took a Lyft from LAX to the nearest In-N-Out, then took a Lyft from there to DLR! 🙂

I've done it and think it works great. Well, actually, I took a Lyft from LAX to the nearest In-N-Out, then took a Lyft from there to DLR! 🙂
I honestly think that's my plan for next trip too! I want to try In-N-Out so bad! 😂

We are planning to take the Shuttle to the Aviation Metro Station and take an Uber/Lyft from there. It should be way less expensive this way. In the past you could catch a hotel shuttle or a car rent shuttle, but they seems to start check reservations.

I specifically chose SNA (despite it being a 2 leg flight instead of direct) for the express purpose of easier transport to DLR. From SNA Uber was right around $30.

Overall, I much prefer flying into John Wayne & getting an Uber from there. But, I did Uber once from LAX. I think it was for the opening of RotR, so it would've been January 2020. It worked fine. We were arriving pretty late, around midnight, so I prebooked in the app. Our flight was almost an hour late & the driver was nice enough to wait for us. He probably didn't have much else to do at that time, but I gave him a very generous tip, just the same.

I do remember having to catch a bus to the LAXit lot was pretty annoying. And I feel like it was hard to fit luggage on the bus. Like they just used a normal bus that isn't meant for large suitcases to be brought onboard, rather than retrofitting something for their specific purpose. Anyway, it sounds like you won't have to deal with the bus, so it should be pretty easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter