Uber/Lyft from Port Canaveral

CanuckEars

Earning My Ears
I've read lots of the posts about getting TO the cruise but less about getting away at the end.

We have a big group (3 families) and will be going from the Cruise to Melbourne Airport. The shuttle quotes I'm getting are way more expensive than just snagging 3 UberXL minivans.

My question is...has anyone had any issues finding an UberXL in Canaveral on departure day? With so many people coming off the boat, I'm okay with surge pricing, but I'm not okay with not being able to get one at all and being stuck. I just need to know if this is a mute point.

Thanks!

No, it's not a moot point. There will be a lot of rideshare operators at the port on debarkation day but as you note a lot of people will be using them too. I'd suggest that if your cruise returns on a Saturday, to go to Uber on any other saturday and try to book a pickup at 8:30 am to see how many cars are in the area. It might give you a better idea of how difficult it will be.

At any rate, you won't be stuck at the terminal forever as there will be lots of people arriving via ride share as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter