Uber/Lyft pickup location at MCO - and which one?

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
I'm flying into MCO alone tomorrow for a quick one-night Disney stay while my brother and his family are there for the week. My flight is supposed to land at 10:00 AM (United Airlines) and I figured ride share would be the fastest and have a decent price comparatively. I'm fairly inexperienced with rideshare, I live in a rural area and do not need to use it. I looked at the MCO website, and their description of where rideshare pickup is is confusing. I assume I can just follow signs or ask once I'm there, but for my piece of mind does anyone know where rideshare pickup is? I assume they make the drivers go to a specific location, kind of like Vegas resorts.

Also, any compelling reason to use one over the other? I am more familiar with Lyft because we have often used Minnie Vans, so I guess I would lean toward Lyft if it makes no difference.

Use whichever one is cheaper. Rideshare pickup is on the baggage claim level, walk out the door and it's on either end.

Ride share is not hard to find. It is on the second level when using the elevators over by the luggage claim . When we used the Disney buses we would go to the first level.

We used Uber because it was cheaper at the time we have both apps. Plus it was closest in the area. cant remember if they told us what number post to stand by but we had one so they can find us. Plus the app tells you the make , colour and license plate number so you can watch for it.

Do you have the apps , you will have to give them your credit card info and will keep it to use . After being dropped off you will have to give the tip by the app too. Don’t have to do that right away you can get out of the car and do it . We actually forgot and did it at the resort.

Use whichever one is cheaper. Rideshare pickup is on the baggage claim level, walk out the door and it's on either end.
thanks, that makes sense. it's just worded in a confusing way (to me ) on their app, and in a different but equally unclear way on their website.

Ride share is not hard to find. It is on the second level when using the elevators over by the luggage claim . When we used the Disney buses we would go to the first level.

We used Uber because it was cheaper at the time we have both apps. Plus it was closest in the area. cant remember if they told us what number post to stand by but we had one so they can find us. Plus the app tells you the make , colour and license plate number so you can watch for it.

Do you have the apps , you will have to give them your credit card info and will keep it to use . After being dropped off you will have to give the tip by the app too. Don’t have to do that right away you can get out of the car and do it . We actually forgot and did it at the resort.
Thanks for all of the info, I appreciate it! I know I have lyft and will double check on Uber ahead of time. I'm assuming once I do it I'll wonder why I was ever worried :)

We used to either rent a car or use Magical Express when it was running. Now we are using rideshare (we prefer Lyft for not other reason then that's what we tend to use). It was definitely confusing for us to figure out where to go. I think we ended up going out the doors for "ground transportation" where we picked up our luggage. Definitely the more confusing locations at an airport (we've definitely used rideshare multiple airports we've flown into and MCO seems to be the worst for that, IMO).

We used to either rent a car or use Magical Express when it was running. Now we are using rideshare (we prefer Lyft for not other reason then that's what we tend to use). It was definitely confusing for us to figure out where to go. I think we ended up going out the doors for "ground transportation" where we picked up our luggage. Definitely the more confusing locations at an airport (we've definitely used rideshare multiple airports we've flown into and MCO seems to be the worst for that, IMO).
Yeah my post is confusing…lol we went down to 1 thinking it would be were the buses were and had to go to the second level. Guess I didn’t realise it was the luggage claim floor…lol

It really is easy there was a sign we missed I think.

Get your luggage. Turn around. The exit doors are numbered. Request your pickup location. You'll pick the door number closest to your location, frequently the door you're looking at. Walk outside and wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter