• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber/Lyft to Port from Universal?

lilkimmyk

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever used Uber/Lyft to get to the port from Universal? I have searched the boards and find very little info. I have lookws into car service but it's more than double what I see for Uber estimate. There are 3 of us. I also looked into renting a car but those prices are so high too.

We use Uber always to go to/from MCO but worried no one will accept the ride to Port Canaveral. Any good experiences getting to the ship this way? Please ease my mind! DH says I'm worrying for nothing but I can't help it.

I cross posted this thread in the Disney Cruise Line forum as well. Mods please delete if not allowed.

Uber and Lyft drivers cannot see where you are going until they start the ride. Sometimes the apps will tell them if it’s a longer ride, sometimes they won’t.
I would definitely consider car service, though. The drivers are more than used to the port procedures and will provide you with great service.

Any of those online taxi services are mostly for short trips around town. If traveling a long distance/to another city/etc. I agree that a car service is probably a better option.

Thank you both so much. I didn't think about the drivers not knowing where they would be driving ahead of time AND that they probably wouldn't be familiar with port procedures. I'm sure they don't go that far normally. Since this is our first cruise we have no idea either.
I booked with Tiffany Town Car who my friend highly recommended.
I appreciate your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter