• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber or Lyft after Epcot fireworks

anne60

DIS Veteran
Hi - We will be staying at Windsor Hills. Part of our party is interested in staying later than the rest of us and then using Uber or Lyft to get home from Epcot. However we are a little nervous about not being able to get a car to bring us back after the 9:45 PM Harmonious show. Has anyone done this recently? I would love to hear any experiences at using a car service to return to an offsite location after park closing. Thanks!

9:45 is not late. You will be fine.
9:45 PM is the start of the fireworks show. Ends at 10:05 PM and by the time you get out to the pickup spot it's later. Attended the show last Friday and the rideshare spot was jammed with people and a long line of rideshares trying to get to the pickup. Glad we drive ourselves.

After fireworks there will be a big rush for the gate, not uncommon for surge pricing to kick-in and delays to happen. The local drivers know the Disney schedule, they will be hovering around to get the riders and hopefully get a few runs in.

Haven't tried post-covid, could they not catch a rideshare at the Boardwalk or Beach Club? Surely people at the Boardwalk want to go places at night! Jellyrolls is now open. I know I walked to the Contemporary after a Christmas party a few years ago to get a Lyft.

Haven't tried post-covid, could they not catch a rideshare at the Boardwalk or Beach Club? Surely people at the Boardwalk want to go places at night! Jellyrolls is now open. I know I walked to the Contemporary after a Christmas party a few years ago to get a Lyft.

This is what I was going to recommend. You'll probably have an easier time if you walk over to Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk and get an Uber/Lyft there. We Uber/Lyft around property later at night all the time.

9:45 PM is the start of the fireworks show. Ends at 10:05 PM and by the time you get out to the pickup spot it's later. Attended the show last Friday and the rideshare spot was jammed with people and a long line of rideshares trying to get to the pickup. Glad we drive ourselves.

10:05 is also not late. Unless people are looking for 3 am pickups, there’s no concern about it being too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter