Uber to contemporary

otg

Mouseketeer
Can you uber to the contemporary in the morning without a dining reservation? I dont actually want to go to the contemporary just to walk into to magic kingdom. Or do you you have to uber to the ticket and transportation center?

The gate is notorious for being strict about entry requiring reservations. Some have reported being dropped off near the walkway just north of the gate entrance. By the restricted exit gate.

There is no reason for gate guards to restrict Uber, and if they let taxis in and keep Uber out they are violating state law.

An Uber entering the Contemporary is a non-event because they are just dropping off -- not taking a parking space. A guard who stops an Uber in that situation is just turning away a paying customer for Disney.

Over the years, I have seen numerous posts saying the guards are "strict," but I don't remember ever seeing one saying, "This happened to me." Most of those posts are, "...people say..."

Unless you get some actual personal feedback that occurred within the last few weeks, I wouldn't worry about getting into the Contemporary.

Strict entry over the years was about those arriving by car and wanting to park.
Recent strict entry is about policy and confirmed reports that guards required a reservation number for dining or check-in. But we also got reports from people in their own cars that said they had no problem entering other hotel properties without a dining reservation. I only caution that CR was more strict and issued clear short-term parking passes for anyone without a CR hotel stay. I have see that plenty of times including my own stay in 2019.

There is no reason for gate guards to restrict Uber, and if they let taxis in and keep Uber out they are violating state law.

An Uber entering the Contemporary is a non-event because they are just dropping off -- not taking a parking space. A guard who stops an Uber in that situation is just turning away a paying customer for Disney.

Over the years, I have seen numerous posts saying the guards are "strict," but I don't remember ever seeing one saying, "This happened to me." Most of those posts are, "...people say..."

Unless you get some actual personal feedback that occurred within the last few weeks, I wouldn't worry about getting into the Contemporary.

You may have just broken DISBoards with that logic. :-)

LOL, sorry! I must have been half asleep.

I assume that was recently, right? Did the guard ask for magic bands? Did they say why they asked?

Lol it's okay! I just thought I had gone crazy for a second. Yes the guard asked to scan our magic bands before they let the driver in -- they also did this each time at our resort (YC). I think they're just trying to be extra sensitive to crowds and allowing people to wander because covid.

I took a Lyft from Swan to CR a week ago. My driver asked me if I had a dining reservation (I did) because he would have to take me to TTC otherwise. The guard at the CR gatehouse asked for my dining reservation information and ID.

I took a Lyft from Swan to CR a week ago. My driver asked me if I had a dining reservation (I did) because he would have to take me to TTC otherwise. The guard at the CR gatehouse asked for my dining reservation information and ID.
Hmmm. Maybe they've changed their procedures. I wonder what they'd say if you said you just were going to the Contemporary to do some shopping?

I know it is difficult to vision unless you have visited very recently because policy changes frequently. I think of a Twilight zone visit to your home but it has become not so . The Amenities for actual guests are limited and subject to strict Capacity ... Security Guards are the first to enforce entry by asking if you have a reservation. They have castmembers posted at all gift shops and dining to maintain capacity and you will need to show mobile order pickup is ready or allowed into gift shop with guest count and only one way in and one way out doors!
When you plan to go to the theme park parking lot the line will not open until cast receive OK to open and they willverify you have Theme Park Reservation for that specific need. Then they are parking cars slowly with empty spot inbetween so you both do not open car doors too close to each other. And then they are not operating trams so you will walk in hot sun on hot pavement and then stand in line to have your temp taken!
Sound like anything you can imagine for a fairytale story land?
Think Capacity ! Pack your patience. It’s still kinda fun

I know it is difficult to vision unless you have visited very recently because policy changes frequently. I think of a Twilight zone visit to your home but it has become not so . The Amenities for actual guests are limited and subject to strict Capacity ... Security Guards are the first to enforce entry by asking if you have a reservation. They have castmembers posted at all gift shops and dining to maintain capacity and you will need to show mobile order pickup is ready or allowed into gift shop with guest count and only one way in and one way out doors!
When you plan to go to the theme park parking lot the line will not open until cast receive OK to open and they willverify you have Theme Park Reservation for that specific need. Then they are parking cars slowly with empty spot inbetween so you both do not open car doors too close to each other. And then they are not operating trams so you will walk in hot sun on hot pavement and then stand in line to have your temp taken!
Sound like anything you can imagine for a fairytale story land?
Think Capacity ! Pack your patience. It’s still kinda fun
Oh well, at least they won't raise the prices!

We took Uber to contemporary this week for breakfast at Chef Mickey’s prior to our MK day. The guard was pleasant but did verify we had reservations.

Can you uber to the contemporary in the morning without a dining reservation? I dont actually want to go to the contemporary just to walk into to magic kingdom. Or do you you have to uber to the ticket and transportation center?
You need be a staying at the Contemporary resort or have a dining reservation .We transferred from Port Orleans to AKL by uber and the guard scanned our bans.We had a dining reservation at the Contemporary and they confirmed before entry.

If Uber takes you from a resort (for example Pop Century) to the TTC....can you just hop on a tram to take up to MK?

TIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter