Uber to Disney Race on Race Morning

BrerNashville

DIS Veteran
Anyone have good/bad/indifferent experience with catching an Uber at 4ish in the morning to get them to a race? Thinking about it vs. renting a car for the Princess half. Was surge pricing in effect? We are very comfortable with Uber around Disney generally.

Never used them but going for the Marathon weekend in January and would like to go to Universal for a day and was thinking about using them. Any idea on a price for that or is there a better way to get there?

Used Uber many times around property, but never on race morning. I'd be less worried about surge pricing and more about road closures. Be sure you know how to direct the driver, just in case. (There are driving directions in the race guide.) Typically Uber is a little less than the cabs there.

Never used them but going for the Marathon weekend in January and would like to go to Universal for a day and was thinking about using them. Any idea on a price for that or is there a better way to get there?

You can go to Uber.com and do a price estimate for any trip anywhere they service. Just go to Orlando and then put in the start and end points (you can use resort name to park name - don't have to know addresses).

We took one from Beach Club to Hard Rock hotel and it was $26 and change and we tipped on top of that. Super easy.

I wouldn't do it. I've lost count of the number of times a driver has canceled or been overly late on my way to an appointment or the airport. I just read a race report for the 3M Half Marathon in Austin, TX in which a runner pre-booked an Uber the night before, but it never showed up. She wound up hitching a ride with another hotel guest on her way to the start.

Some people have great success and swear by it, but I wouldn't rely on it for something so important. Rent a car for peace of mind.

From my experience this past weekend for the Princess Half:

Expect Uber to be a likely & reliable option for the 5K & 10K days AS LONG AS you request one early. I requested my Uber at around 3:50/4:00 am on Saturday for the 10k with no issues. Keep in mind, even for Orlando, Uber's are not as readily available at that dreadful hour.

I would NOT use Uber as an option on a half marathon or marathon day unless you're going way early, like 3:00 am. I tried to request an Uber at 4:00 am. None available!! The roads start closing around 4:45/5:00 am, so even if you drive leave EARLY. I barely made it to my corral in time on Sunday. Heavy, heavy traffic on half marathon and marathon race days.

This last month I ran the princess half marathon. I used it for the 10k and the half. I didn't have a problem catching an uber that early in the morning (3am). However I would let your driver know you are going to the half marathon and there might be road closures. We had to detour a few times getting to the half but we didn't have a problem at all for the 10k.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter