• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber to MK - GF or Contemporary?

burnsy1888

Earning My Ears
We are staying offsite and will be taking an Uber to the parks each day. In the past we have taken an Uber to Contemporary and then walked to MK.
- Is this still possible?
- Does the security guard at the Contemporary give a hard time to Uber drop-offs?
- Should we go to the GF and then take the monorail to MK?
- Is the MK the first stop on the monorail from GF?
- Will we have any issues getting an Uber at the Contemporary at park closing?

TIA

I don't use Uber or Lyft, but I have taken black cars and taxis to and from the Contemporary - most recently in April.

We are staying offsite and will be taking an Uber to the parks each day. In the past we have taken an Uber to Contemporary and then walked to MK.
- Is this still possible?
Yes.
- Does the security guard at the Contemporary give a hard time to Uber drop-offs?
No. They like people from offsite coming to WDW to spend money. You'll hear this question often, but I've never seen one single post where someone actually got denied entry because they were Ubering.
- Will we have any issues getting an Uber at the Contemporary at park closing?
Others can answer this one better than I, but my guess is that there will be plenty of Ubers around. You might have to wait a bit because of traffic congestion, and the fares might be higher due to increased demand. Park closings are a situation where it's a good idea to have both apps on your phone and price-check.

This is also the one situation where a taxi might actually be less expensive. In the Orlando market, you can also order Uber Taxi from your app and get a Mears cab.

We did this quite a bit this past June. We took Lyft from BWV to the Contemporary and then walked to MK and then did the reverse home. We had no problem with getting into the Contemporary or finding a Lyft back home.

We also used the Minnie Van service to MK. Sometimes you can get a coupon through Lyft and it applies to Minnie Vans. The good thing about Minnie Vans is that they drop you off at their own bus stop at MK. It was awesome!

We found Minnie Van service to be very similar in price to Taxi's and Lyft was always quite a bit cheaper.

1. - Is this still possible?
2. - Does the security guard at the Contemporary give a hard time to Uber drop-offs?
3. - Should we go to the GF and then take the monorail to MK?
4. - Is the MK the first stop on the monorail from GF?
5. - Will we have any issues getting an Uber at the Contemporary at park closing?

TIA
1. Yep
2. Nope
3, If you don't want to walk, yep. Though eventually there appears to be a walkway in the future from here too. Of course, if you are taking a monorail anyway, may as well go to TTC and grab the Express to MK. About the same difference.
4. Yep
5. Never tried

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter