UBER

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if they could get through the gate. In order to save some money on our next trip I want to grab an UBER to the local to the supermarket to pick up breakfast/lunch stuff.

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if they could get through the gate. In order to save some money on our next trip I want to grab an UBER to the local to the supermarket to pick up breakfast/lunch stuff.

You definitely could do this!

You can also have Safeway deliver if you choose (I used to use Garden Grocer, but their prices are so high, whereas Safeway's prices are same as the store). I'd rather have delivery, saving vacation time to relax!

Yes and Lyft is better than uber. LYFT treats their drivers better. Happier drivers means better service. You can easily download the LYFT app for you phone and set up the account.

You can also text with your LYFT driver and request that they pick you up in the parking lot outside your Pop building. Be sure to text your driver and let them know exactly where you would like to be picked up and how to get there.

~NM

If you have Amazon Prime, you could place an Amazon Prime NOW delivery from the resort. Download the App, enter Pop's zip code 32830 and create a shopping list to see if all your items are available. You can track the driver on the App and meet them in the lobby for delivery. Delivery is anywhere from 45 mins to 2 hours.

How much would the round trip cost?

More than the, at most, $10 delivery fee from Safeway. Plus the time spent. Plus Safeway delivers beer and wine (Amazon doesn't, yet, but they're amazing so I'm sure they'll figure out a way).

I haven't grocery shopped at Disney since my last offsite stay (but that was 15 nights, and we ate in most meals or did quick meals in the parks). That trip we drove everywhere and shopped often.

Took uber 3 times in January at wdw, got royally screwed around twice. They drove off property going from CSR to MK once, other time they tried to take surface streets to mco. @#@! Uber. They're a nightmare to get refunds on too. Their drivers are clearly praying on tourists. One tried the I don't speak english thing.

Took uber 3 times in January at wdw, got royally screwed around twice. They drove off property going from CSR to MK once, other time they tried to take surface streets to mco. @#@! Uber. They're a nightmare to get refunds on too. Their drivers are clearly praying on tourists. One tried the I don't speak english thing.
That’s scary! I don’t have any experience with these companies (Uber, Lyft) as they aren’t allowed where I live. But I’ve had very bad experiences with Orlando cab companies or gypsy cabs trying to take advantage of tourists.
Doesn’t Uber tell you the cost before hand? I was looking online to get some info on it and that’s what they say on the web site. So I don’t understand how taking different routes can help them jack up fares? As I said, I’ve never used them.

Yes and Lyft is better than uber. LYFT treats their drivers better. Happier drivers means better service. You can easily download the LYFT app for you phone and set up the account.

You can also text with your LYFT driver and request that they pick you up in the parking lot outside your Pop building. Be sure to text your driver and let them know exactly where you would like to be picked up and how to get there.

~NM
Good to know. I don’t know the difference between either but I’ve been doing some scouting online to see how these work in prep for my Aug trip. Just in case the busses will be as bad as we experienced at Pop :scared: I want a back up plan! I hope busses have improved since Dec. sheesh.

That’s scary! I don’t have any experience with these companies (Uber, Lyft) as they aren’t allowed where I live. But I’ve had very bad experiences with Orlando cab companies or gypsy cabs trying to take advantage of tourists.
Doesn’t Uber tell you the cost before hand? I was looking online to get some info on it and that’s what they say on the web site. So I don’t understand how taking different routes can help them jack up fares? As I said, I’ve never used them.

Yea they do, but if it takes longer they just charge you anyways. They didnt take the routes recomended on the app. Ive never had problems with uber before.

Yea they do, but if it takes longer they just charge you anyways. They didnt take the routes recomended on the app. Ive never had problems with uber before.
Thanks for the info. I didn’t know they could do this. Does Uber allow the drivers to do this? I won’t take them if I’m alone. I’d freak if they didn’t take recommended route. I understand it also shows up on your App, the route the driver is supposed to take.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know they could do this. Does Uber allow the drivers to do this? I won’t take them if I’m alone. I’d freak if they didn’t take recommended route. I understand it also shows up on your App, the route the driver is supposed to take.

Yep. I keep my own phone out and call them on it if they try to change the route and there is no visible road closure necessitating it.

Of course, I don't use Uber either. Lyft all the way.

I've had good and bad experiences with Uber. The biggest problem I've had is they can't seem to figure out where to pick you up. In NYC they couldn't find the port so we walked to Times Square. It was actually a very short walk so I'm glad we cancelled the ride. I asked to picked up at our hotel on 47th and 7th ave. The driver wanted us to walk to 8th ave. He finally picked us up, but then he played rap music with F bombs the whole way to Newark.

At Disney Springs I asked to be picked up on the west side and they went to east side. I ended up cancelling and still haven't got a refund.

We did have a very nice driver from MCO to the Beach Club. It was only 30.00 dollars plus tip. You really can't complain about the price.

We also had an OK experience from Newark to the port, but the guy didn't speak English and got really confused about where to drop us off. It was 55.00 dollars..so again I can't complain about the price.

I'm going to give Lyft a try on our next trip to WDW. Hopefully it's a better experience.

I've had good and bad experiences with Uber. The biggest problem I've had is they can't seem to figure out where to pick you up.

We did have a very nice driver from MCO to the Beach Club. It was only 30.00 dollars plus tip. You really can't complain about the price.

I'm going to give Lyft a try on our next trip to WDW. Hopefully it's a better experience.

Do you recall what type of Uber you called from MCO? I’m thinking of ditching the DME since it frequently takes a while waiting to fill the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter