• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UCT and Avis experience

nelsonkg

Mouseketeer
When I was considering getting my rental car and saving money through UCT I was looking for people’s experience because I was a little worried about changing from Alamo, who I have always used and always had a good experience. So I thought I would share my experience from last week.
I saved $300 by using UCT and I have always had a great experience with UCT buying tickets so I trusted them. I was worried about having to wait in line at the airport to pick up my car which turned out to be fine I was the third person in line and it went very quickly.
What did not go well is the absolute terrible condition of the car I was assigned to. I was completely shocked that this car would even be considered rentable it had multiple dents multiple scratched areas with paint missing and also large, and I mean large, ripped holes in the carpet inside the car . It was honestly disgusting. So my son and I had to drag our luggage back inside the airport. We ran into a gentleman, who was also looking for help because he had been assigned a car and when he went out to the garage the car wasn’t there. He came back with us as well because he also could not find any help.
I then refused the car I had been assigned and had to go through the whole process again. I had to go back inside because there was literally not a soul in the garage that worked for Avis that could help me and trust me I looked . I wish I could say it was a good experience and worth saving the money but I wouldn’t trust them in the future. The agent also told me if I didn’t want to get charged daily for tolls that I could just turn off the transponder in the car. When I got to the car and drove away I asked at the gate how to turn off the transponder and the agent at the gate told me that I didn’t have one so there was nothing I could do. I paid cash for tolls and had to ask for a receipt at every toll booth that I stopped at in case they tried to charge me All in all we had a great trip, but that being said it was a lousy way to start and I would hesitate to rent ftom Avis again. I’m think I am going back to Alamo. I so wish I had better news to report😕 the money saved was great but it was a lot of hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter