• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uggggggg......POTUS 12/7

jerseyduke

Home is just where you stay when not at WDW
dont care who the president is, not being political here
but President Trump is going to be at the Grand Floridian 12/7.

Any idea how this may affect operations there and in the surrounding areas?

I was wondering the same thing. Some thoughts - Monorail - shut down completely. The boat traffic around Floridian - shut down completely. The ferries from MK might still be ok but would expect a much tougher security clearance. I would guess a bus to/from Floridian, Poly to MK. As a guest at GF, I would expect significant challenges getting on/off property. If I was at WDW, I would skip MK all together. If I was at DF, I would be asking for some compensation

I wish Presidents would stay out of theme parks! We were there during Pres. Obama’s visit to MK. They were severely limiting entrance to MK, I have no idea what they did with security. In attempt to lure people to other parks they were putting on special events. and extending closing times. Adding fireworks, etc. We opted for DHS.

Republican Party of FL fund raising event.

AFAIK, the location of the 12/7 event has not been announced. It was previously scheduled for 11/9 at Disney.
The story I read said it's at the Grand Floridian.

I was wondering the same thing. Some thoughts - Monorail - shut down completely. The boat traffic around Floridian - shut down completely. The ferries from MK might still be ok but would expect a much tougher security clearance. I would guess a bus to/from Floridian, Poly to MK. As a guest at GF, I would expect significant challenges getting on/off property. If I was at WDW, I would skip MK all together. If I was at DF, I would be asking for some compensation
Security will be tight, but they shouldn't shut down transportation. Like last year for the army navy game, they had to check EVERYTHING at security, like coats, all pockets and very very thorough with all bags, etc.

We will be in Disney for a quick weekend trip and have a reservation at 1900 Park Fare on the 7th to celebrate a birthday with 2 little girls that are getting princess makeovers at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disney Springs beforehand. I have no idea what to expect as far as how to time it to make sure we get there on time if there is going to be extra security/road closures. We won't have a car, so we'll be relying on Disney transportation or a cab/uber. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

We will be in Disney for a quick weekend trip and have a reservation at 1900 Park Fare on the 7th to celebrate a birthday with 2 little girls that are getting princess makeovers at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disney Springs beforehand. I have no idea what to expect as far as how to time it to make sure we get there on time if there is going to be extra security/road closures. We won't have a car, so we'll be relying on Disney transportation or a cab/uber. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Pack your patience? And give yourself as much time as possible. On the up side, everyone heading to GF for an ADR will be in the same boat so I assume they'll be understanding of delays.

Make sure you know all the transportation options. You should be able to get a bus from DS to the GF. If you can't get there, get something taking you to the MK and take the boat to GF.

Glad I've already made plans to be at AK that day, on the other side of WDW, and away from the MK resort area. But I do expect security to be tight. I was at a Chargers game when Nixon flew in for it...I don't want to be anywhere near a Presidential visit again. What a mess.

Pack your patience? And give yourself as much time as possible. On the up side, everyone heading to GF for an ADR will be in the same boat so I assume they'll be understanding of delays.

Make sure you know all the transportation options. You should be able to get a bus from DS to the GF. If you can't get there, get something taking you to the MK and take the boat to GF.

Thank you!! I did not even think about there being a direct bus to the GF from Disney Springs. We usually have our own car, so it's been years since I've relied strictly on Disney transportation.

We are flying in that day - and hitting HS - staying at the Poly. Hoping to avoid but ready for anything - and more importantly - this is not me making a political statement - there are a lot of other places/golf courses i'm sure the POTUS wants to be in FL besides Disney - so i'm guessing he will be in and out.

It seems so strange to me that out of all the places you could host a President, they would pick a resort so close to such a popular tourist area...a theme park?!?! With the thousands of extra visitors around that have nothing to do with the convention, wouldn't it make more sense to just hold it at a hotel elsewhere in Orlando? Seems like it would require a lot less security if they did that.

It seems so strange to me that out of all the places you could host a President, they would pick a resort so close to such a popular tourist area...a theme park?!?! With the thousands of extra visitors around that have nothing to do with the convention, wouldn't it make more sense to just hold it at a hotel elsewhere in Orlando? Seems like it would require a lot less security if they did that.

My thoughts exactly!

There is so many Orlando resorts out there where the general public impact would be less

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter