• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ugh! AP Renewal Is a Voucher

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
I had to call to renew my AP, since I had bought tickets to bridge park reservations for a trip after my AP expiration date. Called when passholder line opened this morning and waited 40 minutes😕 They did take the value of the tickets and apply it towards the renewal. But they gave me a voucher. So, now I have to go to guest services on my upcoming trip to redeem it. I have always done online renewal before, and it immediately went to MDE. Anyone else experience this? My AP hasn’t expired yet either. Luckily, it is still valid for my next trip, so I don’t have to rush to redeem the voucher to get into the parks. Unfortunately, we will have to do that for my husband’s and son’s APs in November. We aren’t local.

I had to call to renew my AP, since I had bought tickets to bridge park reservations for a trip after my AP expiration date. Called when passholder line opened this morning and waited 40 minutes😕 They did take the value of the tickets and apply it towards the renewal. But they gave me a voucher. So, now I have to go to guest services on my upcoming trip to redeem it. I have always done online renewal before, and it immediately went to MDE. Anyone else experience this? My AP hasn’t expired yet either. Luckily, it is still valid for my next trip, so I don’t have to rush to redeem the voucher to get into the parks. Unfortunately, we will have to do that for my husband’s and son’s APs in November. We aren’t local.
I had to go to guest relations to redeem mine. I had a premier that I downgraded to a gold. I went to international gateway to do it. It was in the evening (around 8pm) so there wasn’t a wait.

How did you receive a voucher? I also recently renewed my AP but I received nothing the AP just showed up on MDE and shows an expiration date

Do you mean a physical voucher? Or is that what it says in MDE?

It’s the same as always. As long as the renewal is linked in MDE, it will become valid when the old one expires. The only reason you’d have to visit GS is if you want a new AP card.

Is it showing up in MDE with an expiration date like a hundred years in the future or one a year from when your old one expired? Mine had an expiration date way in the future so we had to go to guest services when we got there. It wasn't a big deal. Super fast wait and it took them maybe 5 minutes to activate them and get us new AP cards.

Is it showing up in MDE with an expiration date like a hundred years in the future or one a year from when your old one expired? Mine had an expiration date way in the future so we had to go to guest services when we got there. It wasn't a big deal. Super fast wait and it took them maybe 5 minutes to activate them and get us new AP cards.
If this is the case it is a good thing. Your new passes will be good for a year after you activate them not a year after the old one expires.

Do you mean a physical voucher? Or is that what it says in MDE?

It’s the same as always. As long as the renewal is linked in MDE, it will become valid when the old one expires. The only reason you’d have to visit GS is if you want a new AP card.

I received a “Renewal Pass Certificate” which shows up on MDE...it indicates an expiration date of Dec. 31, 2030 however CM did tell me it would be activated with a start date of 6/28/21 since that’s when my previous AP expired. So I’m not sure what happens if you don’t activate the certificate until years from now....I guess they would charge you the difference in current prices....

The process was simple when we finally went back to Disney in June (we are also out of state). You just need to have an ID on you and show the voucher on MDE. I think we spent about 15 mins with the cast member (multiple vouchers as well). The only annoying aspect was the line and waiting in the rain. ☔ Fortunately the line was not very long.

Last edited:
Everytime we have renewed our AP, it goes directly to MDE, but we still have to go to Guest Services or a ticket window to activate it and get our new card.

I am out of state, and have had an AP for 5 years now.

I have always renewed my AP online, early, and have never had to activate the "new" one. It just seamlessly works once the old one expired.

I have stopped to get a new card a couple times, but never at renewal time. Just when I thought about it.

I believe Florida residents also have to visit guest services to activate renewals. You know...to prove they are indeed still Florida residents.
I think I’ve read in the Ticket sticky there’s a way they can do it online now, tied into the FL driver’s license or such.

You think 2030 is a hundred years in the future? None are further out than 2030 expiration dates. You must be very young if you think 2030 is a hundred years away. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter