Uh oh. Ariel at Akershus breakfast?

BabyPiglet

DIS Veteran
Someone please tell me they've went lately and have seen Ariel there. I was certain she was one of the princesses there, and I made a breakfast reservation just because of it. My 5 year old cousin just absolutely adores Ariel in every way, and she's so excited to eat breakfast with her.

I'm looking on allears now and she's not listed!

In July 08 she was there. I'm sure there is someone who went more recently that will post though.

She was there 2nd week of July - but she still seems to be random. Actually, my dear friend was there and had both Ariel and Cinderella! Talk about winning the Akershus breakfast lottery! :goodvibes

Yep, she was there! But from what I understand, these things can change at the spur of the moment. We had Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora!

When we went last year she was not there...we too wanted to see her badly but knew beforehand that particular princess showings are not guaranteed. They often rotate the princesses so I wouldn't depend on keeping this PSB adr only to see Ariel.

For reference we saw: Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Jasmine, and Mary Poppins.

As others mentioned, they do rotate, and no one is guarenteed(I think Belle usually does the photo at beginning, but have heard of Aurora doing it as well). I had always heard about her being there for dinner, but didn't want Norwegian food, but have heard a lot of reports about her appearing for brft lately, and am hoping to see her in a few weeks w/ my DD(in her "human" form!). However, if she's not at your meal, you can see her in the Grotto in Fantasyland in MK, just try to go early (opens at 10:00)-lines will be 60 min all day. We met her here in her fins - she does spend time w/the kids when they reach her, and there is a water play area for the kids while you wait(bring a swimsuit), so it is not too bad. And you can check all the other princesses you meet off the list for photos/auto., which saves time & waiting in line in parks later. Enjoy!

ps-I will post when I return & let you know if we saw her!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

She wasn't there when we went for breakfast last time. We are trying dinner this time and are crossing our fingers. She's my eldest dd's favourite and we will have been to BBB that day. She's already decided that she's choosing the Ariel costume.

Interesting...we were there in June 2009 and saw Ariel, Cindy, Snow White, Aurora, and of course, Belle. I guess we were lucky too.

When I booked Akershus for our trip in March 09, the dining CM told me that at that time she was always at lunch and dinner but was hit or miss for breakfast. Since the whole reason I booked it was to see Ariel, we changed our ADR from breakfast to lunch. When we went for lunch, we had Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Aurora, and Ariel. Not sure if she was at breakfast that week or not.

My 5 year old cousin just absolutely adores Ariel in every way, and she's so excited to eat breakfast with her.

1) Ariel is one of those that alternates.
2) There is no schedule as to when she will or will not be there.
3) Plus, she could be missing if there is CM abseteeism.

There is no guarantee ...Sometimes she is there ,sometimes she isn't.In sept 2008 she was there for lunch and dinner , but not breakfast.My SIL had her at breakfast in Dec 2008, but not at breakfast in April 2009...It varies .

She was there for breakfast in March 2009 along with Cinderella, Belle, Aurora and Snow White.

We are trying dinner this time and are crossing our fingers. She's my eldest dd's favourite and we will have been to BBB that day. She's already decided that she's choosing the Ariel costume.

Same story with us. She became DD's favorite last time we were at Akershus and she has told me that if she ever gets to do BBB (she is on our trip!;)) she will pick Ariel. Knowing my luck, she won't be there this time :scared1:

When we were there for breakfast in October 2008 we had Belle (greeter), Aurora, Snow White, Jasmine and Mulan. We did find Ariel in her Grotto in Fantasyland. The line wasn't too bad - about 30 minutes.

In October 08, we saw at breakfast Belle, Jasmine, Aurora, Snow White and Mary Poppins. I'm guessing Mary was a stand in. So as The Rusty Scupper says, you do have to make allowances for not only sick days, but I'm guessing CM schedules also.

I would say a trip to Ariels Grotto, would be your best bet. I've dragged my DS there a couple of times, but it's a lovely back drop for her. Best of all she's in her mermaid form. DS has had a couple of smooches in the past, much to his horror, lipstick print on his cheek and all!!

Unfortunately none of the princesses are guaranteed. I too am hoping Ariel will be there when we go to Akershus. I chose lunch because she seemed to be there more often at lunch than breakfast. I hope she's there for your breakfast.

WE have eaten there probably 5 times in the last 3 years (mostly breakfast and one lunch) and have only seen Ariel once...our June 2009 breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter