Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour Review

ChadHitchGhost

Earning My Ears
I have not seen many reviews of the "Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour" so I thought I would add my impressions of it. (Spoiler: I loved it)

Here is some background context first: I am 38 years old and last week was my first trip to Walt Disney World. Just my wife and I. She has been there before but this was my first visit. She is not as interested in the rides so I did this tour by myself while she went off and did her own thing for the afternoon. I decided to do this tour because I am all about classic Disney rides and this seemed to hit most of them. Haunted Mansion and Pirates are my favorites and the ones I was most looking forward to riding. (I ended up riding Haunted Mansion 10 times in my 6 day trip if that gives you a look into what I like about Disney)

The tour is currently $199 and only offered on certain days. I went on a Sunday. The tour started at 1:30pm in the Town Square Theater. I found out there were only 3 of us on the tour but they have had groups of up to 25 with larger families in the past. In those cases they will split the group and use a second tour guide. With only 3 of us, it was a much more personal tour and we got to chat with our tour guide, Kristy, a lot. She was super knowledgeable and very nice. We were given VIP lanyards and we also picked what snack we wanted to have at Gaston's Tavern. I picked the ham and cheese pretzel and LeFou's brew.

Promptly at 1:30pm we set off and made our way around to the following rides. (I forget what order we did them in, but this is kind of close)
Winnie the pooh
Teacups
Ariel, under the sea
Dumbo
It's a small world
Peter Pan
Haunted Mansion
Tiki Room
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise

In the past meeting Mickey has been part of the tour but they said it does get changed occasionally so meeting him was not part of that day. This didn't bother me since I was doing it for the rides anyway and I had plenty of time to meet Mickey on other days.

About half way through we stopped at Gaston's Tavern where they had our snacks and a reserved table waiting for us. The tour lasted a total of 3.5 hours though with a larger group it would have probably gone 4.

At each ride our tour guide led us in to the fast pass queue and we essentially didn't wait for any of the rides.

For me, it was amazing! I got to experience all of the classics I have wanted to see since I was a kid and I got to save my fast passes for other rides.

I can see why this tour is not for everyone, it's expensive and doesn't hit the popular rides like mine train or space mountain. But for me, it fit what I was looking for perfectly and I found value in that. I would say it's specifically for first timers who might have a limited time frame to get rides in. Or for families with younger kids who want an easier way of getting a lot of rides in on a single afternoon.
L3ogyoJ.jpg

Very cool! I went on the tour with Kristy a few weeks back - she was wonderful!

On a side note, I highly recommend the tour if this is your first visit to Magic Kingdom and on a limited schedule (and the extra $ cost is not much of an issue).

Also want to mention - I went on those same rides as OP, which you might want to take into account if you take this tour and need to strategize for your FP.

I would love to do this! I feel like this would be a great experience for those who have been to the World many times, and want a more laid back trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter