• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ultimate park hopper discount w/ one night knocked off?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
The trip grows closer and closer...and my questions keep popping up! I know we can get 10%DVC discount off on the ultimate park hopper tickets.
For example, we will be there one week. Adult 7 night/8 day ticket costs $363.30, so our cost will be approx. $327.
But it is possible to have a day knocked off at checkin-in our case, check-out day when we plan to do downtown disney and the pool. The cost for 7 day/6 night hoppers is $331. Do we still get our 10% off if we do this, making it approx. $299?
Thanks for all info!
Robin M.

I don't know the answer to your question but are you aware that if you joined Disney Club a regular annual pass would be $354 and then $475 for a premium? If this is your one and only trip this year or you want one or more of the special elements of UMP just ignore my comment....otherwise it would seem that an AP might be worth it.

Well actually I've seen the official response to your question being that the UMP is from checkin day to check out day. I've also seen people post that they've managed to get a day knocked off. You might try searching the board for hints on how they did that.

I believe it was Doc who recently posted that he was able to get UMP's for his guests, and they did knock off the first and last day. (look for a post in the last 30 days or so) I've also seen posts on other boards from folks confirming they will knock off one of the dates from your UMP's.

Have a great trip!

This will be our only trip this year so an AP will not work. I'm just wondering if I do knock one day off of the UMP, can I still get the 10% DVC discount, or is it an either/or type of thing?
Robin M.

Yes, you will still get the discount. They will allow you drop the first and last day from the pass.

With the 10% discount, the UMP is very competitive with the AP- plus it includes PI, Water Parks and DQ. We have done this for our guests on 2 trips this year and it has been a great bargain.

Enjoy!

Yep, they did this for us when we were there last month. As a matter of fact, the CM who checked us in even asked specifically, "Will you be going into the parks today? How about your last day?" We had to specify that we DID want them to start the pass that day (the day we checked in). I thought that was really nice of him.

This is a good thing to know, I always disliked the LOS passes knowing you weren't going to be using it on the day of your checkout. Plus, learning from a previous post about the changing rooms for the pool, and we are set for our last day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter