umbrella stroller suggestions

nancyL

<font color=green>WL Vet<br><font color=red>My AP
Hello!
We are going to the World on 10/11 and my umbrella stroller just (finally) died. I am in need of a relatively inexpensive one (my youngest is 2 so I wont need it for much longer) to bring with us (to use at the airport, touring the parks etc). I have a 6 year old that would sometimes like to take a turn so it has to be able to accomodate him on a part time basis. Looking for reclining (or semi reclining) w/ wheels on the larger side (we also go on the sand and landscaping stones in the summer) and a nice comfortable hand grip. Sunshade would be nice. Obviously Im going to pay a fortune for all those amenities, but would welcome any suggestions on brands (as well as NOT to buy brands). Price range is $35-$50 (the lower the better). Oh, it also needs to fold easily so we can lug it on and off the bus and plane.
thanks!
nancyL

I just bought a stroller for our upcoming trip. However, I ended up talking myself up to buying a Maclaren.

I looked into the Combi SUBV (which generally runs about ~40-50), but I didn't like the way it folded and it seemed less stable than the macs. I also considered a Kolcraft with a canopy, but I couldn't find one with a basket.

So, I ended up talking myself into a Maclaren Daytripper, which retails for $150. I liked the one-handed fold, the size of the folded stroller, the size of the basket underneath, the canopy, and the stability. Plus I had read that Maclarens can last for generations. I was all set to buy one for $130 from strollers4less.com, when I decided to check ebay. Well, I found the exact stroller I was looking for, brand new, and bid on it. I won the auction and paid $90. I love my new WDW stroller. I feel like I found the absolute perfect stroller for my WDW needs, and I saved about $60 off of retail.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I hope that some of my ramblings will help you with your decision.

We bought a cheapy JMason (I think the brand was) for $12.99, thinking we would use it and discard it when it gave out......it never did, it actually did better than the more expensive one we had. It was super light and easy to fold. Our daughter was almost 5 and it was fine for her. No sunshade, or oversized wheels, but great for convenience and price.

We bought a Graco Citirider(??) as our 2nd stroller. It is very light, and can be collapsed and locked one handed so you can hold the child with one hand and collapse the stroller with the other. It has a fairly large basket too, and is black with a bright yellow and color so it is easy to spot day or night.

We bought a Graco Citirider(??) as our 2nd stroller. It is very light, and can be collapsed and locked one handed so you can hold the child with one hand and collapse the stroller with the other. It has a fairly large basket too, and is black with a bright yellow and color so it is easy to spot day or night. And it was right around $60, which worked with our budget.

I just purchased a Kolcraft lite sport (at Target) 24.99 on sale. It is light, easy to fold (one hand) and compact. It has fairly large wheels, a canopy and a big basket. I shopped everywhere and this was the best light stroller I could find. It is lighter than my umbrella stroller.

Thats one I think I will check out. I hope its still on sale on Monday- thats the soonest I can get to Target (the closest one is about 40 min. away from me).
Thank you so much!
NancyL

NancyL-Even if the sale ends (which I think they do on Sundays) the regular price is 29.99. So it is still reasonable. I hope it works for you. I hated purchasing another as we have a double stroller and an umbrella already, but my DH did not want to take the double and fight the whole trip on the disney buses.

Ok, I think I can do the non sale price too! (LOL)
Funny, I hate to purchase a new stroller myself- I have the carraige plus our old umbrella and my 2 year old is the youngest- so we're near "no stroller needed' time, however, the carriage is way too big to take to WDW and the umbrella is very very tempramental and DH refuses to push it anymore (the right front wheel tends to stop rotating sometimes) plus, its impossible to push on gravel, sand, or anything thats not completely flat (like cement). So here I am, looking around. I will go to Target on Monday. The only down side to that is that every time I go there I always do all this impulse buying-- I Love that store! But its so far away, when I do go, I feel like I HAVE to buy everything in sight that I might possibly want in the next 2 years! LOL
Thanks again!
nancyL

We got a really cute bright yellow one made by Chicco at Babies R Us, and think we paid about $50. It weighs only 11#, semi reclines (has zippers on both sides that zip up and down) and also had a sun shade which was major important for us. The wheels are really great because they work independently of each other and have their own shock system so no more getting stuck! Looks like their on sale right now too!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/baby/B00005QXQ8/102-6261301-1940928

Good Luck,
Heather

That looks like a good umbrella stroller. We decided to bring our car seats for our 3 and 4 year old. Didn't want to lug strollers too.
How much are they to rent at the theme park?

Sorry if this had been asked before, but I'm new to this and just planning our Oct. trip.

hmerritt is correct on the $15.00 per day park double stroller. You may be interested that I have used an Orlando rental company for several years at about half that cost per day (based on a week). I cannot say enough good about these folks; friendly, VERY nice strollers, clean, and they deliver and pick up right at your hotel. I was given their website, it has photos and everything. The name is A BABY'S BEST FRIEND, and the site is www.abbf.com.

Hhope this helps!
:wave:

Hello all, I am just back from a week at the world and I am so glad we brought our own stroller. (It was for my niece, 3 YO)

It came in very handy! We did not have an appropriate one, her Mom had a big clunky one and Dad did not have one.

So Grandma and Auntie went to the consignment store and bought a great, costco, travelite stroller in excellant condition (with drink holders!!) for $30.

I was so glad we had it at the airport, and at the hotel. Best $30 we spent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter