Umbrella... too large?

Unofficial627

Mouseketeer
When we go to WDW, I will be taking a slightly large umbrella. It's one that can withstand very high winds and it's also very large, so I think it will be perfect for the World. The only problem that I see is where can I put it when going on a ride? We won't take it everyday, but on the days we do, where does it go? Has anyone else gone through this? Any help would appreciated! Thanks!

My opinion is to ditch the umbrella and get some cheap rain ponchos at KMart or WalMart for a couple of dollars each. You can carry them in a backpack or small bag, which you can take on most rides. You'll be sorry if you carry an umbrella around all day. And those daily showers sometimes pop up out of nowhere, so you need to have something. Good luck, whatever you decide!

Sheri

You could probably take it on most rides (maybe not the coasters), but I agree with SheriB--I wouldn't bother and I'd get the disposable ponchos and carry them. We use ponchos and toss them--easier traveling!

I'm in agreement. Don't take a large umbrella. Take the ponchos or light rain jackets and if you still really feel you need the umbrella get a really small one that you can tuck into your bag. I have one I'm bringing that I carry in my purse all the time and it's so small I never notice it's there unitl I need it.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We tried the rain ponchos and hated them. We went in August and it rained every day. We carried a large golf umbrella and had no problems getting on rides. We would put it between us it was fine. DF used it like a cane but he is weird like that:p . Other times I would stick it out my backpack with no problems.

If you do use umbrellas please be considerate. A couple of years ago, we went to Fantastmic. It began to rain & we got out our ponchos - as did most of the audience. Some people in front of us actually had the nerve to put up their umbrellas blocking the view of those of us behind them. Those umbrellas were impossible to see around & after arriving over two hours early for the show, I wasn't a happy camper. Fortunately, a cm requested that the umbrellas be removed. The people tried arguing with her. I just couldn't believe that they didn't realize how their umbrellas were blocking the view of many of us behind them. Luckily, the rain quit anyway so no ponchos or umbrellas were needed!

I usually take a small umbrella in my backpack, but for shade, not rain!

Although I have used it twice at Fantasmic - my DH and DD insist on sitting on the front row of bleachers and I hate getting wet from the mist from the fountains, so I open it up and hold it in front of me...and no, it doesn't block anyone's view, since I'm holding in down in front of my body, not up in front of my face! LOL

If you go to Dollar Tree or possiblely another store in your area where every item is a dollar you maybe able to get things to help you with rain.

Dollar Tree and other dollar stores sell very cheap clear ponchos two for a dollar. They are cheap enough we wear them one day and ditch them before we leave as it is not fun rolling up a wet plastic poncho and carrying it..they also make great things to sit on for parades when the curbs and sidewalks are wet from rain.

Dollar Tree also carries folding umbrellas which are small enough to fit into a large waist pack. You can also hang them from your belt or belt loops if you are wearing shorts or jeans. For $1 if the wind destroys them, you can just toss them out and bring another the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter