*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All ready for FP morning (tomorrow the 7th) 8-)

Did my best to spread them out.....the only one (really two) that matter are Slink Dog and Test Track (which is scheduled for the Aug 6th the day before the event begins). Getting into Haunted Mansion is in there also because of the new ride photo but we have 3 days planned in the Magic Kingdom so we should be ok there. I'm not so stressed about our FP's bumping into DIS events we want to attend.....we visit WDW at least once a year so there isn't anything we haven't done or won't be able to do next time. We also have park hoppers so we have that flexibility too.

If I have a concern its our ADR's bumping into events. We were able to get FREE DINING with the upgrade to the regular DDP so we have at least one TS meal each day. We've have 4 new (to us) restaurants on our list this visit, we'd be hard pressed to cancel any of them. Actually I don't expect we'd be cancelling any of our ADR's.....what may be an issue is most are dinners :oops:…..that could be a problem. Whatever....we'll be at Walt Disney World!!!!:cool1:

Good luck to all with your Fast Passes...…..and we'll see ya at the event!!!

Doug :goofy:

Yay my FP+ day to day!!!

So I’m confused as the rest of you.

But have a plan:
08/06 - DHS FP even if I can’t get SDD will end up there so might as well get my TOT fix (and the scare might keep me awake).

08/07 MK fast passes as I’ll get one or two before the pop meet up then I plan to go to EMH anyway so I’ll get one later in the day.

08/08 - Epcot as I’m going to Brekkie I’ll get some early ones leaving the afternoon free for official events - then hoping someone is kind enough to take me to MM.

08/09 - Totally not sure I have an AM Kona Cafe booking but honestly don’t know. Might just book some AK holding ones just in case I can’t go to MM - then happy to cancel if something else comes along.

08/10 - Thinking Epcot afternoon have some World Showcase time, taking in a late lunch/early dinner before going to get ready.

08/11 as I know the current thinking is the live taping will be at The Contemporary and I always watch the fireworks on the last night of my holibobs I’ll get MK FP for 7,8,9pm ish.

08/12 then before I get on the tragical express at 5pm - taking your advice and having another DHS bash at getting either SDD or the Alien Saucers.

So roll on Lunchtime in the UK so I can get booking.

I can only imagine. We are lucky as we get there about once a year so if it was only every 3-4 years I am sure I would be stressed!

As far as AS2 I is a very whipping motion vs a jostling simulator or something so not sure the best thing to compare it to. I would think if you are very prone to motion sickness it might cause issues but is a different motion than other rides
Whipping motion is exactly right! Have you ever been to an older amusement park or boardwalk that has a ride called the whip where it goes in an oval and when it goes around the turns it whips you pretty fast. That’s what this is. I imagine it might be a little tough with motion issues.

when i watch the videos, that's what it looks like to me..
that was my FAVORITE ride as a kid - i think they had one at edgewater park (torn down centuries ago) and boblo (also torn down, though not quite centuries ago) and maybe there's one at cedar point? i'm not sure.
anyway, i always loved that ride, but i didn't have motion sickness as a kid....
so i guess i'll pass.....

i can't even ride tower of terror anymore and i totally adore that one....
one time we rode ToT 17 times in a row!!!!!!!!!
but what can you do....
poor chani, she loves ToT, but doesn't want to ride alone, so i guess she'll miss out this trip...

if you think every 3 or 4 years is bad, since he got married, my son is at the once in 6 years frequency now...
you can imagine how much it kills him to see us going more often...
we all went together in 2011 (our son and daughter in law, our daughter and son in law, and aaron and me),
then again in 2017 (all of the aforementioned plus 2 toddlers),
and the next full family trip will probably be in 2021 or 2022 (depends on when my son can make the dates work).
Same group as before, but next time it will be 3 kids instead of 2 (or maybe more, depending on what the stork brings in the meantime :rolleyes: ).

Yay my FP+ day to day!!!

So I’m confused as the rest of you.

But have a plan:
08/06 - DHS FP even if I can’t get SDD will end up there so might as well get my TOT fix (and the scare might keep me awake).

08/07 MK fast passes as I’ll get one or two before the pop meet up then I plan to go to EMH anyway so I’ll get one later in the day.

08/08 - Epcot as I’m going to Brekkie I’ll get some early ones leaving the afternoon free for official events - then hoping someone is kind enough to take me to MM.

08/09 - Totally not sure I have an AM Kona Cafe booking but honestly don’t know. Might just book some AK holding ones just in case I can’t go to MM - then happy to cancel if something else comes along.

08/10 - Thinking Epcot afternoon have some World Showcase time, taking in a late lunch/early dinner before going to get ready.

08/11 as I know the current thinking is the live taping will be at The Contemporary and I always watch the fireworks on the last night of my holibobs I’ll get MK FP for 7,8,9pm ish.

08/12 then before I get on the tragical express at 5pm - taking your advice and having another DHS bash at getting either SDD or the Alien Saucers.

So roll on Lunchtime in the UK so I can get booking.

are you arriving on the 6th?
we arrive the 6th, but i don't know how awake we'll be..
this is the first time we have a non-stop..
our plane is scheduled to arrive in orlando at 6:30 am....
we've never gotten to orlando that early what with having to go via JFK, so this should be interesting.

we board the plane at midnight and arrive in orlando 13.5 hours later..
since we're in cattle class, i doubt we'll get much sleep along the way, so i just don't know how we'll be on tuesday...
i'm planning on afternoon FPs at AK.....
we'll either do them or not...
we also have to get some shopping time in, but definitely not the first day...
maybe on saturday? we have to get to apple, costco, american eagle, ralph lauren and kohls....strange combo for sure....

most of my shopping will be online with delivery to BLT, but some things have to be purchased in person.....

so less than 3 hours to FP time....for me it's at 2:00 PM....hope i don't forget like i did last time... :sad2:

All ready for FP morning (tomorrow the 7th) 8-)

Did my best to spread them out.....the only one (really two) that matter are Slink Dog and Test Track (which is scheduled for the Aug 6th the day before the event begins). Getting into Haunted Mansion is in there also because of the new ride photo but we have 3 days planned in the Magic Kingdom so we should be ok there. I'm not so stressed about our FP's bumping into DIS events we want to attend.....we visit WDW at least once a year so there isn't anything we haven't done or won't be able to do next time. We also have park hoppers so we have that flexibility too.

If I have a concern its our ADR's bumping into events. We were able to get FREE DINING with the upgrade to the regular DDP so we have at least one TS meal each day. We've have 4 new (to us) restaurants on our list this visit, we'd be hard pressed to cancel any of them. Actually I don't expect we'd be cancelling any of our ADR's.....what may be an issue is most are dinners :oops:…..that could be a problem. Whatever....we'll be at Walt Disney World!!!!:cool1:

Good luck to all with your Fast Passes...…..and we'll see ya at the event!!!

free dining's great! we had it last time.....
how big a group are you?
once the official events are announced, if there are conflicts, you can try moving your ADRs.
If you're a small group, it might not be too much of a problem to reschedule.
Even a big group sometimes can (i was able to play with our times and we were a group of 8).

are you arriving on the 6th?
we arrive the 6th, but i don't know how awake we'll be..
this is the first time we have a non-stop..
our plane is scheduled to arrive in orlando at 6:30 am....
we've never gotten to orlando that early what with having to go via JFK, so this should be interesting.

we board the plane at midnight and arrive in orlando 13.5 hours later..
since we're in cattle class, i doubt we'll get much sleep along the way, so i just don't know how we'll be on tuesday...
i'm planning on afternoon FPs at AK.....
we'll either do them or not...
we also have to get some shopping time in, but definitely not the first day...
maybe on saturday? we have to get to apple, costco, american eagle, ralph lauren and kohls....strange combo for sure....

most of my shopping will be online with delivery to BLT, but some things have to be purchased in person.....

so less than 3 hours to FP time....for me it's at 2:00 PM....hope i don't forget like i did last time... :sad2:

Yep arriving on the 6th leaving at 10am arriving Florida time at 2pm - As its
only me I’ve treated myself and use my airmiles to upgrade to premium economy (ohh how fancy)

But 6.30am wow so what time will that back home, assume you’ll at least be wanting Lunch, if not tea.

So I’m thinking with customs and the magical express I can have my first FP booked for 6pm.

I’ll probably be knackered but as I’m only going for such a short time, I want to get over my jet lag ASAP - so if I can stay up past 9pm Florida time (1am UK time) think I’ll be okay.

Some of you are thinking 1am isn’t too late.. but I am normally tucked up in bed by 10pm with a book as I’m so rock and roll :rockband:

Yep arriving on the 6th leaving at 10am arriving Florida time at 2pm - As its
only me I’ve treated myself and use my airmiles to upgrade to premium economy (ohh how fancy)

But 6.30am wow so what time will that back home, assume you’ll at least be wanting Lunch, if not tea.

So I’m thinking with customs and the magical express I can have my first FP booked for 6pm.

I’ll probably be knackered but as I’m only going for such a short time, I want to get over my jet lag ASAP - so if I can stay up past 9pm Florida time (1am UK time) think I’ll be okay.

Some of you are thinking 1am isn’t too late.. but I am normally tucked up in bed by 10pm with a book as I’m so rock and roll :rockband:

yes, the UK is 5 hours, we're 7 hours difference (2 hours from you)...
so when we arrive at 6:30 am orlando time, it will be 1:30 in the afternoon at home...
the thing is, as you know, you go a whole day before you get on the plane at midnight, then you're on the plane and then you have to go through a whole additional day without sleep..
there's really no jet lag when you fly west, but that lack of sleep is a killer..
but we're usually fine by the next day once we've had one good night sleep..

last time we arrived in the afternoon for some reason, so didn't make it to the hotel until about 6 pm.....everyone was totally dragging....we didn't even make it to earl of sandwich, our usual first stop. We ate in SSR quick service.
maybe chani and her husband went to the park? i'm not sure, but the rest of us were in bed probably by 10 PM (the kidlets before that of course)...

that's great that you're in premium economy! i would love it, but the cost differential on the airline we're flying is huge and not worth it...
on the bright side, we're all flying to barcelona in july and because of an equipment change, they've upgraded all 8 of us to business class!!
too bad that didn't happen on the flight to orlando!!
but on the flight back from paris we're back to the regular cattle class....
it's going to look crazy when we pile into business, including a 5 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old..
i feel sorry for the other people...i know they're going to cringe when they see us....hopefully the kids will be on their best behavior, but who knows...but it's only a 5 hour flight to barcelona, so shouldn't be too bad...

ok...30 minutes to go...
drivers start your engines....

free dining's great! we had it last time.....
how big a group are you?
once the official events are announced, if there are conflicts, you can try moving your ADRs.
If you're a small group, it might not be too much of a problem to reschedule.
Even a big group sometimes can (i was able to play with our times and we were a group of 8).

We're a group of "2" so you're right....moving ADR's around is possible...….sometimes that can't happen until very close to the reservation but you are right we have more flexibility :)

@Sylver you don't have enough posts for me to be able to send you a PM so I'm posting here and hoping you'll be on the boards to see it since it looks like you haven't been active in awhile.

We have an opening in our group for the Garden Grill breakfast on Thursday the 8th at 9am. Please let me know by next week Saturday, the 18th, if you want to join us otherwise I'll ask the next person on the wait list. Thanks!
Thanks but I can’t make the breakfast.

alright, got my fastpasses done ... wasn't able to get everything I wanted - or at least not that would fit in with other events planned (so I guess no Mine Train for us this trip). Even at 64 days out I wasn't able to get Slinky Dog for exactly the time I was thinking, but oh well

and we are only 2 people! (was much harder when planning my last trip which was for 9 people and we were staying off site)

Tomorrow is my FP day. I am headed to my family cabin for the weekend, so I have to get up early, get in the car and go to where I get cell service enough to make the selections. Where my cabin is, there isn't cell service, so I just have to go down the road about 3 miles until I get a signal. Wish me luck!!

I will have my alarm set on my phone that way I can get up in time.

All booked and yay thanks to your sage advise I have SDD but on my last morning.

So apart from that and SDMT which I have booked on two separate days just in case I need to cancel one I am happy. :thumbsup2

As the rest I can live with cancelling if one of the official events catches my eye.

Although this is dependent that I get on to Soarin in EMH on the 08/08 before breakfast.

Fast Passes are done...…...for now.

SDD was my first priority and IT WASN'T AVAILABLE!!!! That will really stress ya out! o_O
Had to move HS to AK day and AK to HS day...…...but in the end it all worked out.

Still room for events.........now its just wait for Magic Bands 8-)

Fast Passes are done...…...for now.

SDD was my first priority and IT WASN'T AVAILABLE!!!! That will really stress ya out! o_O
Had to move HS to AK day and AK to HS day...…...but in the end it all worked out.

Still room for events.........now its just wait for Magic Bands 8-)

Oh no, but glad it all worked out in the end.

@TheMaxRebo glad you got the majority of what you were after.

Yes SDD was very pesky as soon as I realised I could get it on the 6th I went straight to the 12th not the time I wanted but I get to ride it and that l’s the main thing :cool1:

Oh no, but glad it all worked out in the end.

@TheMaxRebo glad you got the majority of what you were after.

Yes SDD was very pesky as soon as I realised I could get it on the 6th I went straight to the 12th not the time I wanted but I get to ride it and that l’s the main thing :cool1:

Main thing we didn't get was Mine Train. We only have one specific day for MK fast passes and was early in our trip. They did have them but earliest was 4:20 and we have the welcome me party that day at 4

Also couldn't get Slinky Dog for as early as I wanted on Saturday (2:40 was earliest they had) but at least we got it

Kinda crazy at 64 days out they didn't have more for Slinky Dog

Glad you got what you wanted!

Main thing we didn't get was Mine Train. We only have one specific day for MK fast passes and was early in our trip. They did have them but earliest was 4:20 and we have the welcome me party that day at 4

Also couldn't get Slinky Dog for as early as I wanted on Saturday (2:40 was earliest they had) but at least we got it

Kinda crazy at 64 days out they didn't have more for Slinky Dog

Glad you got what you wanted!

holy exploding brains batman..
that took me 90 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!
i just finished...... :eek:
i tried for SDD at the beginning and couldn't get it so went straight for my last MGM day and was able to get it...
so flipped stuff around for that park.
then i worked on MK and couldn't get those 7 pesky little men, so had to go to my last day for that as well...

i was surprised the system let me book all 14 days...i thought they block you at 10..

by the way, i encountered a few glitches along the way - i kept getting "whoops" pages with olaf....

Last edited:
FP Day is tomorrow. I think I'm set???
8/7 MK: (EMH til 11pm & flight gets in at 4pm) 7D, Space, Buzz
8/8 DS/AK: Pick-up rental car, Disney Springs, Safari, Kali, Everest, then DVC MM
8/9 TL/Epcot: Soarin', Land, Spaceship Earth (all in the evening)
8/10 HS late afternoon: Frozen, TSM, Fantasmic - drive over to AK for PARTY!!!!!
8/11 Cali Grill Brunch, MK evening 7D, Splash, Pirates

Trying to combine favorites with good use of inside. Plus no rope drop, all very late nights.

FP Day is tomorrow. I think I'm set???
8/7 MK: (EMH til 11pm & flight gets in at 4pm) 7D, Space, Buzz
8/8 DS/AK: Pick-up rental car, Disney Springs, Safari, Kali, Everest, then DVC MM
8/9 TL/Epcot: Soarin', Land, Spaceship Earth (all in the evening)
8/10 HS late afternoon: Frozen, TSM, Fantasmic - drive over to AK for PARTY!!!!!
8/11 Cali Grill Brunch, MK evening 7D, Splash, Pirates

Trying to combine favorites with good use of inside. Plus no rope drop, all very late nights.

Looks good - and nice to not have any early mornings! Just an FYI that at least for booking today , 7DMT even for my 2nd day was really limited so just be prepared to pivot to something else for your first day if it isn't available

Looks good - and nice to not have any early mornings! Just an FYI that at least for booking today , 7DMT even for my 2nd day was really limited so just be prepared to pivot to something else for your first day if it isn't available

Thanks! Not too concerned - we'll just suck it up and *gasp* stand in line at the end of EMH if we have to. Just trying to avoid that! :D It's so much easier with older kids now! I love the magic of Rope Drop... but after a few of the After Hours events, I'm hooked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter