• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

unborrowing still happening?

It was still happening two days ago. Worth a try. I called in to MS to check and completed the transaction at the same time.

Also worked for me this week.. in 24 hrs I could see the points back in my account

I talked to MS yesterday. They said they were still allowing unborrowing and it would happen automatically within 14 days of cancelling.

Just got off with MS and learned that unborrowing happens programatically on Thursdays. I had an issue where some of my 2019 points unborrowed last Thurs, but 36 got left behind. I had to wait 40 mins to talk to MS, but once I did, she fixed it on the spot. Wonderful experience and go grateful for the unborrowing.

I modified a December trip last week. I booked a Vero stay and a Boardwalk stay for next May, all on borrowed points. I cancelled the Boardwalk stay yesterday. Today those points were unborrowed without my asking. I'm happy about it. I also had a few Vero points that were not used for the new reservation and those were put back into my 2021 use year too.

I had some restored to today but not all...which is weird. I will give a call tomorrow to see why!

But we know it is still happening

If the trip booked with borrowed points was in November would they return the borrowed points back? Wasn't sure because it was a few months in the future.

If the trip booked with borrowed points was in November would they return the borrowed points back? Wasn't sure because it was a few months in the future.

Right now they're returning borrowed points irregardless of when the trip would occur. I had points returned for a November trip today.

Spoke to MS to cancel a trip this morning and had 29 borrowed points "unborrowed" to 2021. Very easy...she did it automatically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter