• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uncleromulous was right: Citrico's

KFISCHER

DIS Veteran
I recall an old post made by UncleR. a long time ago praising the virtues of Citrico's.

If I recall, he said it was one of the best kept secrets at WDW, and after dining there for the 1st time last Friday night, I must agree.

This is a gem of a restaurant.

The quality is outstanding....and that includes the food, service, decor and setting.

I had pan-seared quail as an appetizer, followed by swordfish, and tiramisu, with accompanying wine pairings.

The veal shank is a house specialty. I did see it several of them pass by my table, and the serving was huge.

I'd recommend splurging on this one. Now it was pretty close to a full house last Friday night, but I've read on these boards that
most of the time, there's no trouble getting a table.

That's good news, I guess, because this is a super restaurant. Even a CM at California Grill admitted freely that it's as good as their place.

I was also impressed at menu VARIETY. VERY difficult to narrow down your choices.

Our decision to try Citrico's was due, in part, to reviews on this site.

Add me to the list of those who now love this place, and will try to include on every WDW visit.

Thanks for the review. We've learned to trust UncleR's reviews as well, since we've found that we share similar tastes in food and restaurants (although we haven't caught the V&A bug quite so bad :)). We've got a Citrico's PS for a week from Saturday and are looking forward to it.

Ralph

Great Review, but now I can't wait until im there. Only 90 more days!!! Was it hard to snag a PS? Also what time did you eat at? Thanks

I actually had 3.

I started out with a 7:00.
But I made it to 6:00 when I got La Nouba tickets for the 9:00 show. After a couple of days, I felt nervous about getting there on time, so I made another switch to 5:30, which is when they open.

Got a great table by a huge window looking out onto a GF walkway.

So, no, I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a PS.

My fiancee loves salmon and ordered theirs with some type of black olive sauce. She raved about it.

I did enjoy my sworfish a great deal, but.....I still have thoughts about that gargantuan braised veal shank.

Oh man! I was going to make reservations at Narcoosee's for our anniversary, but now Citrico's sounds really good too. *sigh*

Did you try a bellini? I think when I am in WDW in October, my DH are going to leave the kids with my paretns for one night and have dinner here. It will be a splurge, since we usually don't like to spend a whole lot of $$$ on dinners, but I think it will worth it to celebrate DH's 35th birthday, my 30th birthday and the birth of our second child in style! Thanks for the reviews!

Sorry I forgot to mention another nice touch....

They display desserts from their menu in front of the exhibition kitchen.
You can go up, and see what they look like, and ask questions of a chef, BEFORE you order.

I've logn agreed with Uncleromelus that Citricos is the best restaurant in WDW. The service, moreover, is outstanding - better than I've seen in restaurants outside WDW of comparable cost.

I'm glad you loved it!

We had an outstanding meal there last month. Can't wait to go back!

Melissa

Sssshhhh!!!! Don't talk to loudly. I don't want my hidden spot to become mainstream.
I don't think you can find a nicer spot for a quiet dinner with that special someone. In fact, we're having our wedding reception there.

~ Chris

Were there many kids there? I've been wanting to go, but would have our almost 13yo and 9yo ds's. They are well-behaved (if I do say so myself), so I'm not so worried about them, but I don't know if I want to take them if the majority of diners are kidless.

Yum! I want to eat here!

I noticed on DebWillis's menu site that the menu listed is a year old but has the salmon dish you mentioned-my personal fave. Are the other options similar to what your menu showed?Was there a tuna offering?

Wannabee princess: There were some kids, but not many. Having said that, I wouldn't give it a second thought about going there.
I've seen well behaved kids in V and A's. I say, enjoy yourselves at Citrico's.

Ragmop: The menu on DebWillis' site, even though a year old, is just about the same one we experienced last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter