• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Undercover Tourist and Budget Fastbreak

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
I just booked a rental car through Undercover Tourist and saved over $600 off the Costco price. They gave me a budget confirmation number but I have not been able to link it to my Budget Fastbreak account. Has anyone done this before? I am wondering if it is not eligible to be added or if it is user error.

Thank you both. I saw someone else post in the May rental car thread that they linked theirs so I thought I had to be doing something wrong.

I have done it all 3 times I have used UT to book car rental. I believe what I did was manually added the confirmation number on the app, and it then seemed to link. I feel like it took a day or 2 before it seemed like it was fully linked up but I was able to see it online as well then that I had the rental.

Edit: looked it up. On app my rentals page there is a button on the bottom to add reservation that asks for confirmation code.

I have done it all 3 times I have used UT to book car rental. I believe what I did was manually added the confirmation number on the app, and it then seemed to link. I feel like it took a day or 2 before it seemed like it was fully linked up but I was able to see it online as well then that I had the rental.

Edit: looked it up. On app my rentals page there is a button on the bottom to add reservation that asks for confirmation code.
Is that the the Budget app or the UT app?

Also having this problem. UT says contact Budget, Budget customer service guy tells me in very broken English that he can add it for a charge of $74!! :oops: I'm going to try the Budget App.

I just tried this on the app, when I go to my rentals, there are none. There is a Search for Reservation at the top, and after clicking on that a box to add your confirmation number which I did and it took me to my UT reservation. Is that all you did and then it showed up in your rentals a couple days later?

I was probably the one mentioning it on the May thread. I didn’t link it to my account, but I brought the reservation up in my account and it offered online check-in, which I did for our January trip. It wouldn’t accept my credit card though. However, the agent at the counter said I could’ve skipped the counter and add the card at the garage kiosk.

I've added it twice now. I know I added it on the website because I don't have the app

I have not been able to link my Fastbreak account to my UT car rental. I do not have a button on my Budget app to add rentals, I cannot find a way to link the rental on the Budget webpage. I chatted with Budget on the webpage and was told that currently the reservation requires me to go to the counter in the terminal and that they "Budget" could not link my Fastbreak account to the reservation, I would have to contact UT. I could not find a way to modify the reservation on the UT website, I chatted with UT and was told that they could not modify the reservation.
I am able to look up the reservation on the Budget app and on the Budget website. I did this while I was logged into my Fastbreak account so maybe it will link in a few days as an earlier poster mentioned.

Perhaps those that have been able to link the reservations to their Fastbreak account did not book the reservations that are discounted when you buy a ticket.

I have not been able to link my Fastbreak account to my UT car rental. I do not have a button on my Budget app to add rentals, I cannot find a way to link the rental on the Budget webpage. I chatted with Budget on the webpage and was told that currently the reservation requires me to go to the counter in the terminal and that they "Budget" could not link my Fastbreak account to the reservation, I would have to contact UT. I could not find a way to modify the reservation on the UT website, I chatted with UT and was told that they could not modify the reservation.
I am able to look up the reservation on the Budget app and on the Budget website. I did this while I was logged into my Fastbreak account so maybe it will link in a few days as an earlier poster mentioned.

Perhaps those that have been able to link the reservations to their Fastbreak account did not book the reservations that are discounted when you buy a ticket.
Poohlovr posts above that they have added it twice now, but hasn't responded to my post asking how. :confused3

This was my response from Budget. They don't seem to understand I'm not looking to "modify", all I want to do is link my Fastbreak account to the reservation! :sad2:

"Rate structures are similar to airline pricing, our prices change depending on car availability, location popularity, and many other factors. This is why prices can fluctuate on a minute to minute basis. Unless it is an advertised special offer, there generally is not one set rate for a particular type of car, but rather a range of prices depending on the length and dates of your reservation. Even with special offers, the advertised rate usually applies to a limited supply of cars which varies daily by make and model at each location.
Please note we are unable to modify rates via e-mail for this reason."

This was my response from Budget. They don't seem to understand I'm not looking to "modify", all I want to do is link my Fastbreak account to the reservation! :sad2:

"Rate structures are similar to airline pricing, our prices change depending on car availability, location popularity, and many other factors. This is why prices can fluctuate on a minute to minute basis. Unless it is an advertised special offer, there generally is not one set rate for a particular type of car, but rather a range of prices depending on the length and dates of your reservation. Even with special offers, the advertised rate usually applies to a limited supply of cars which varies daily by make and model at each location.
Please note we are unable to modify rates via e-mail for this reason."

Budget know exactly what I wanted to do and told me UT would have to do it. UT said they couldn't.

I was probably the one mentioning it on the May thread. I didn’t link it to my account, but I brought the reservation up in my account and it offered online check-in, which I did for our January trip. It wouldn’t accept my credit card though. However, the agent at the counter said I could’ve skipped the counter and add the card at the garage kiosk.
No offer of online check-in on our account so I googled it and it took me to a page to fill in confirmation number, name, and email, then said "Sorry, we are unable to complete online check-in for this reservation".

I just tried this on the app, when I go to my rentals, there are none. There is a Search for Reservation at the top, and after clicking on that a box to add your confirmation number which I did and it took me to my UT reservation. Is that all you did and then it showed up in your rentals a couple days later?
Yes it pulled up the reservation with like Undercover Tourist card last 4 and their discount code, but my name, and phone number on it.

I am able connect Fastbreak up until the point of entering credit card info where it tells you it is an invalid cc number. I honestly think this has something to do with it already being paid for through UT. Another poster mentioned the same issue. I can see the reservation and it indicates its a fast break location and I'm heading straight to garage. It'll be fine.

I am able connect Fastbreak up until the point of entering credit card info where it tells you it is an invalid cc number. I honestly think this has something to do with it already being paid for through UT. Another poster mentioned the same issue. I can see the reservation and it indicates its a fast break location and I'm heading straight to garage. It'll be fine.

View attachment 648939
It never asked me for my credit card. It might be due to the fact that I already have mine on my profile so it doesn't ask about it. As long as you can see it in your app after login you should be fine. The desk out there is helpful too if not busy. I had to stop and talk to them on my first pickup as before that I hadn't used fast break and they wanted to reverify my profile selection of gas/tolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter