Unexpected charges

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
I think I may have messed up when budgeting for our cruise and am now trying to figure out if I forgot to account for something. I'm budgeting for the port adventures, tips, and merchandise. We have a small budget for adult beverages and I put aside a little for day passes to the Rainforest Room. Am I missing something? I haven't cruised in maybe 10 years. Do you have to pay for the food up by the pool, like the Swarma and stuff? I know Cove Cafe and the Ice Cream shop you need to pay additional. Help!

I believe you can only do a day pay for the rainforest room if bought before the cruise. On the cruise you’ll have to pay for the entire cruise length.

Depends on your mode of travel, consider tips for restaurants, taxis etc to and from the cruise. Also I usually pad our budget about 2% just in case. And we always tip out the Room Attendant and Servers with cash the last night. As for the extra foods and drinks they're put on your KTTW card and you can settle up with Guest Services on those charges the last night of the cruise. You won't need to pay anything with cash on board (with the exception of any tips for the above mentioned Cast Members).

The food available at the quick service counters near the pools is included, all you care to eat at no extra charge. Soft serve ice cream is also available at no extra charge. Although the beverages at Cove Cafe come with a charge, they have nice snacks available throughout the day and you will not need to pay for those.

Popcorn and candy concessions if you will take something into the movies will be an extra charge. Room service (for the most part) is included, but some prepackaged items are not (bottled sodas, popcorn, etc)

Not clear if by tips you mean the auto-gratuity or everything, but just a reminder that the auto-gratuity does not include tips for porters, room service, ground transportation to the cruise terminal, or guides/drivers on port adventures. It always adds up to more than I think!

If you order a specialty coffee (e.g., cappucino) in the main dining room, that is also an extra charge just like alcoholic drinks.

Are there tip baskets at the pool-deck food places or at cove cafe?
No, no cash on board. Most food is included in your cruise fare. Any alcoholic or specialty coffees or beverages will be charged to your onboard account. The receipt for these purchases will include an automatic gratuity, but you are free to add more.

I believe you can only do a day pay for the rainforest room if bought before the cruise. On the cruise you’ll have to pay for the entire cruise length.
That's good to know I'll call about that today then. I think I may have been misinformed.

Depends on your mode of travel, consider tips for restaurants, taxis etc to and from the cruise. Also I usually pad our budget about 2% just in case. And we always tip out the Room Attendant and Servers with cash the last night. As for the extra foods and drinks they're put on your KTTW card and you can settle up with Guest Services on those charges the last night of the cruise. You won't need to pay anything with cash on board (with the exception of any tips for the above mentioned Cast Members).
Yup got the tips accounted for. Ugh really every thing gets charged to the room? I don't like that. I thought we could pay with our credit card on board. Bleh now I have to give the rest of the group rules with buying things.

The menu-based bar snacks in the pub have a charge. (The ones out buffet-style do not.)

Also good to know!

The food available at the quick service counters near the pools is included, all you care to eat at no extra charge. Soft serve ice cream is also available at no extra charge. Although the beverages at Cove Cafe come with a charge, they have nice snacks available throughout the day and you will not need to pay for those.
Good to know. Thanks!

Popcorn and candy concessions if you will take something into the movies will be an extra charge. Room service (for the most part) is included, but some prepackaged items are not (bottled sodas, popcorn, etc)

I have a feeling we won't use room service but that's good to keep in mind.

Not clear if by tips you mean the auto-gratuity or everything, but just a reminder that the auto-gratuity does not include tips for porters, room service, ground transportation to the cruise terminal, or guides/drivers on port adventures. It always adds up to more than I think!

If you order a specialty coffee (e.g., cappucino) in the main dining room, that is also an extra charge just like alcoholic drinks.

I have tips accounted for the drivers and such, and I totally know how you feel. That's why I'm trying to get a gauge on it because before I know it I'll get the bill at the end and go "oh God what did we buy". Did not know that about the coffee though so will definitely bear that in mind! Thanks!

If you're driving, how about parking?

We're taking a Lyft to the port and Disney transport on the way back so all good on that front. Thanks!

If you play Bingo, that will cost extra.

Any idea what the price on that is. Not sure we'll play but it's good to have an idea.

No, no cash on board. Most food is included in your cruise fare. Any alcoholic or specialty coffees or beverages will be charged to your onboard account. The receipt for these purchases will include an automatic gratuity, but you are free to add more.

I really hate that they're cashless. Makes things more of a hassle in my opinion.

Re-reading my post - not exactly cashless. Nothing charged by DCL is paid for with cash, but we do bring cash for room service tips and for additional gratuities at the end of the cruise.

Any idea what the price on that is. Not sure we'll play but it's good to have an idea.

Depends if you play paper cards or electronic handset. We play the handsets which are $40 to $50. You also have a chance to win door prizes if you play. If you play once, I recommend playing the final bingo session where the final prize is cash money. Depending on the length of your cruise it could range from $3k to $8k and is paid out in cash $100 dollar bills and not a voucher or room credit or anything like that. Somebody in that room is walking out with that money, they don't roll it or keep it, it's paid out on the final session.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter