Unexpected Money

Unless I had something I needed to put money towards, I would give some to World Central Kitchen and some to The Trevor Project. Then I'd do something fun for myself with the rest.

Use half to buy a baker’s dozen of Disney stocks.

Visit somewhere cool 2 to 3 hours drive from home. Stay there a night or two. Splurge on some fun stuff.

If any money is left after those, put it your jewelry box as cushion money. That’s what I often do if I end up with more cash on hand than I like to carry. Usually I don’t miss the odd $50 here or there. Then when a expense comes along unplanned or bigger than I’d like… I pull out my cushion money and it makes me feel better lol. Weird habit I suppose.

Warren Buffet would disagree.
I'm not so sure. He does say, "be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful." I totally believe in his philosophy and right now invest in a mix of Dividend "Aristocrats", some Mutual Funds, and hedging with CD's because of the rates for the next year or so. I had some cash sitting around waiting for the floor to drop and Palantir was down to $8 so about a month ago I figured that's fairly low risk for a tech stock that has some upside ...it's up over $15 now. I'm just going to hold on and see where it goes. Sure, if I had Buffett's money I probably would never invest in it ...but I don't. You have to take some risk to make a gain, especially in today's market.

Probably just pay off the dues on one of my Dvc contracts or let the money sit there to be eroded by the monthly dues drafts

Isn't that what a windfall is??? 🤔

Not necessarily. It is usually associated with a "large amount of money or good fortune."

Money is relative. Maybe $2500 is a windfall to some. It isn't to me. To me, $250,000 would be a windfall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter