Unexpected song covers

Sometimes the remake of an older song gets to be more popular then the original. W. Houston's version was already mentioned but also recall Patsy Cline having I think her biggest hit with W. Nelson's song.

Patsy Cline - CRAZY - YouTube

::yes:: Also, prettty much most of Linda Ronstadt's songs were covers. I was too young to have heard the originals. So, I grew up with her versions.

There's also the oldie, “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.” It was originally sung by Gaye and Tammi Terrell. Then Diana Ross did her cover of it after she left The Supremes. Then Diana & Marvin did the song together too. :teleport:

My favourite Beatles song and I love this George Michael’s cover.

Last edited:
::yes:: Also, prettty much most of Linda Ronstadt's songs were covers. I was too young to have heard the originals. So, I grew up with her versions.
I had a look at her catalog of songs from her glory years in the 70s, and I can't find a single one I remember that was an original song written for her. The closest thing I could find was "Somewhere Out There" where it was a duet, and even then her's was just the version played at the closing credits of An American Tail.

My favourite Beatles song and I love this George Michael’s cover.

Speaking of George Michael, I prefer him singing Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - although Eton sings with him in this one too. This is the version I have on my MP3 player.

This is the third cover by him on this thread.
He had such a soulful voice. He died way too soon at 53. :sad1:

Speaking of George Michael, I prefer him singing Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - although Eton sings with him in this one too. This is the version I have on my MP3 player.
That is the version I listen to also.

There are many versions of this song but this is my favourite. 💕 Like George Michael, Luther Vandross left us way too soon. 😞

My favorite is Adam Lambert singing Cher's Believe when she was being honored at the Kennedy Center. ❤

I heard this today. I had forgotten about it for this thread.

I’m not going to say it’s better than the original. But it’s definitely worth a shout out

Heart featuring Jason Bonham - Stairway to Heaven

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter