Unforgettable (Budget) Trip

Uju'sMom

Mouseketeer
Hi All

I would love to do a Disney Trip in December 2022. Despite having no budget - Im still hoping for an unforgettable experience for my daughter who will be 6 @ the time. Mom Daughter Christmas Miracle Trip.
Has anyone ever done a trip without going into the parks everyday? We will have 1 Park day and plan to go wild at the Christmas Party.
Please spam me with ideas of activities / things to do/ Things to eat during the 1st week of December, (without going into the parks) and ideas on any saving hacks.
Thank you so much as you give me some juicy tips.

Be sure to check out Disney Springs, lots of shopping BUT the Christmas Tree walk is amazing. Live entertainment throughout and some lower cost dining options. We also like to visit the deluxe resorts to see all their holiday decorations and displays.

Thank you for the Christmas Tree Walk tip. What exactly is it?
so far I have

- Skyliner Crawl
- MonoRail Crawl
- Resort Swin
- Toppolino's / Ohana Breakfast - Splurge Item
- How many different modes of transport we can take @DW game / maybe add a Hot Air Ballon Flight

A hot air balloon ride, while incredibly awesome…is not necessarily budget-friendly. Very weather dependent too.

I would go look at all the gingerbread houses built specifically for each resort

Ok, now I'm on a regular computer so I can expand on the free or inexpensive deals.

Free
Best one at Christmas is to look at the gingerbread houses (it's apparently only returning to select locations, not all, for 2021 due to COVID)

Smores at Fort Wilderness with Chip & Dale (currently unavailable though) - except for cost of Smores
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/chip-n-dale-campfire-sing-a-long/
Animal Kingdom Lodge, see the animals. There is a viewing area at Jambo, but you might be able to spot them via the windows in the various hallways.
Cruise the loop around Crescent Lake, which visits Epcot, Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club, Swan/Dolphin, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios without going into the parks.
Take the boat that visits the Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness, or the boat that visits the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom (and you can get off at the Magic Kingdom and wander along the lake outside the gates, or hop on the monorail).
Cruise around Disney Springs (to Port Orleans / Saratoga Springs)

If there are any performers on the Boardwalk (usually at night)

Disney Springs = if they still have the Lego store and outdoor play area; outdoor bands

Ride the Skyliner

Inexpensive

Horse Drawn Wagon Ride
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/wagon-rides/
Mini golf

That's it for now....

The Christmas Tree Walk at disney springs is great! So many trees in disney themes! Stroll with a fancy hot chocolate or drink of your choice!

Boats, lots of boats - Wilderness lodge, Disney Springs, EPCOT hotel boats, boat from Ticket and Transportation Center to Magic Kingdom
A hot air balloon ride, while incredibly awesome…is not necessarily budget-friendly. Very weather dependent too.
Thank you, there is a Groupon discount I saw for it. Plans can still change if I see something better.

Ok, now I'm on a regular computer so I can expand on the free or inexpensive deals.

Free
Best one at Christmas is to look at the gingerbread houses (it's apparently only returning to select locations, not all, for 2021 due to COVID)

Smores at Fort Wilderness with Chip & Dale (currently unavailable though) - except for cost of Smores
Animal Kingdom Lodge, see the animals. There is a viewing area at Jambo, but you might be able to spot them via the windows in the various hallways.
Cruise the loop around Crescent Lake, which visits Epcot, Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club, Swan/Dolphin, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios without going into the parks.
Take the boat that visits the Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness, or the boat that visits the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom (and you can get off at the Magic Kingdom and wander along the lake outside the gates, or hop on the monorail).

Disney Springs = if they still have the Lego store and outdoor play area; outdoor bands

Ride the Skyliner

Inexpensive

Horse Drawn Wagon Ride
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/wagon-rides/
Mini golf

That's it for now....
This is amazing. Thank you.

Thank you for the Christmas Tree Walk tip. What exactly is it?
so far I have

- Skyliner Crawl
- MonoRail Crawl
- Resort Swin
- Toppolino's / Ohana Breakfast - Splurge Item
- How many different modes of transport we can take @DW game / maybe add a Hot Air Ballon Flight
they have area set up with displays of themed Christmas trees. You can Google Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail for all the info. There is a lot of info if you look up Disney Springs on the WDW website

they have area set up with displays of themed Christmas trees. You can Google Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail for all the info. There is a lot of info if you look up Disney Springs on the WDW website
Thank you. Googled it. Didn't know it was a thing :-)

Just to confirm that you are looking for NEXT December?

If so, I would highly recommend joining Shopkicks. You can earn Disney gift cards just by scanning products in stores. Of course, they want you to buy some of the products - and some of them offer good rewards to the point where the product is almost free - but even with just scanning, I can earn a $50 gift card every 3 months or so without any problem. It might be a fun "Mommy & Me" project that your daughter could "help" with as well, assuming that she knows about the trip.

There are a lot of suggestions on how to get discounted Disney gift cards on the thread here on the Budget Board. There is a little bit of a learning curve, but you can easily get cards at 5% off at Target and then even more if you get more ambitious with stacking deals.

Obviously, those are ways to make more money for Disney. But looking for cheap/free activities, I would recommend visiting the lobby trees in the hotels. From what I've seen many of them are quite fabulous (I particularly am impressed with the one at Wilderness Lodge). Also, Disney usually has a lot of holiday theme treats available at the hotels that you could sample.

Just to confirm that you are looking for NEXT December?

If so, I would highly recommend joining Shopkicks. You can earn Disney gift cards just by scanning products in stores. Of course, they want you to buy some of the products - and some of them offer good rewards to the point where the product is almost free - but even with just scanning, I can earn a $50 gift card every 3 months or so without any problem. It might be a fun "Mommy & Me" project that your daughter could "help" with as well, assuming that she knows about the trip.

There are a lot of suggestions on how to get discounted Disney gift cards on the thread here on the Budget Board. There is a little bit of a learning curve, but you can easily get cards at 5% off at Target and then even more if you get more ambitious with stacking deals.

Obviously, those are ways to make more money for Disney. But looking for cheap/free activities, I would recommend visiting the lobby trees in the hotels. From what I've seen many of them are quite fabulous (I particularly am impressed with the one at Wilderness Lodge). Also, Disney usually has a lot of holiday theme treats available at the hotels that you could sample.
Yes, 2022. We will be traveling from South Africa so many of the card tricks don't apply to my Credit Cards unfortunately. I also tried buying the Gift Cards and stacking them up - but my transactions are always cancelled on ShopDisney. Its so frustrating.

We have done two non park trips with lots of free stuff! The Fort is a great place…hopefully by then the sing a long is back. You go to the sing a long and cook s’mores, then head to the beach area to watch the fireworks and electrical pageant. Pjs is a carry out place right by the beach that offers a whole tasty pizza for under 20.
Animal Kingdom Lodge has several great viewing areas and night viewing as well. The offer some great programming. Last time we were there we randomly caught a show where the staff native to Africa did performances of their own choosing and then we got to go to tables and learn about their home countries and try food. All free!
The Christmas party is insanely pricey and also very late for a 6 year old. You can essentially get a three park pass for the same price as one day and a party ticket.

Great tips!!!

We are leaving this Sat, can you visit the resorts and do the boats and all these things now during covid? We're staying at a timeshare not on property. We want to see the EWP and where would be the best way for us to see if on a non park day. I thought I read you couldn't go to the resorts unless had a diner ressie.

Thanks
Judy

Free

Ride the Skyliner

Inexpensive

Horse Drawn Wagon Ride
Mini golf

That's it for now....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter