Unique Question about taking the WBI

HFBelle

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am a Freshman in college, and am really looking forward to doing the DCP! However, since I am a Musical Theatre Major, I am having to make a complex course plan, as many required classes are only offered specific semesters (For example, Fall of odd numbered years, spring of even numbered years, etc.). This means my best option of doing the DCP seems like it's going to be Fall of 2015. I know that some people have to apply a few times before they can even get accepted. So for example, if I were not able to pass the WBI in Fall of 2015, I wouldn't even be able to apply until I graduated, potentially to do the semester afterwards. Would it be plausible to apply for the CP now and take the WBI, just to get one experience with it? I suppose if I passed I could just not schedule a phone interview. It is not horribly important to me to be able to do this for the record, I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this matter, especially as I have never seen this brought up on the Forums before.:thumbsup2 I have been planning on applying for the DCP since my Junior year of High School, so it is almost killing me that I could apply right now, but must wait! I am blessed however to have two upperclassmen from my school who share my major and also did the CP, so they have given me great advice!

Thanks in advance for any advice you have to give!

I've actually seen this on the DIS forum before. People have said that they just took the WBI and then did not schedule a phone interview. They did it as a practice run for a later time.

As far as Disney holding this against you in the future. . . I don't think it would hurt your chances, but others may disagree.

I would say go for it. Do the WBI and see if you pass. If you don't pass, will it send you into a panic? If so, maybe you shouldn't do it because you're not going to know specifically what made you fail.

I've actually seen this on the DIS forum before. People have said that they just took the WBI and then did not schedule a phone interview. They did it as a practice run for a later time.

As far as Disney holding this against you in the future. . . I don't think it would hurt your chances, but others may disagree.

I would say go for it. Do the WBI and see if you pass. If you don't pass, will it send you into a panic? If so, maybe you shouldn't do it because you're not going to know specifically what made you fail.

Okay great! Thanks so much. I had never seen it, it's good to know that other people had the same idea!

I wondered about that, but I feel like this wouldn't be information that Disney would store. But who knows?

I wouldn't panic over it, no worries there. I just think I would like a chance just to see what the test is like, how it functions I suppose. I'm honestly less worried about failing than I am about passing and not accepting a phone interview, in case that looks bad!

I did that a year and a half ago. I just wanted to see if I could even get through the WBI for when the "real" time came - and I did! It definitely gave me more confidence going into the application process this time around, and I was accepted!

I did that a year and a half ago. I just wanted to see if I could even get through the WBI for when the "real" time came - and I did! It definitely gave me more confidence going into the application process this time around, and I was accepted!
so there's honestly no punishment/problem with doing WBI for practice? Also - I'm more nervous about PI but I'm guessing you can't practice with that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter