• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uniquely identifying your Stroller?

bxrlvr

Earning My Ears
We're arriving at ASM on Saturday *yeah!!!!* and we'll be taking our 2-man stroller. I'd like to know what people do to uniquely identify their strollers so that people don't mistaken take yours. Also, anyone worried about someone stealing their stroller?? Ours was a good $200 and I wouldn't want to have it stollen. My almost 5 year old suggested putting a sign on the stroller--something the girls would design and I would laminate.

Any creative ideas??

Thanks,
Bxrlvr in VA

I tied a giant lime green ribbon on the handle of our rental stroller each day. It worked pretty well, especially when the stroller was moved from the place we left it.

This was our concern since we also had an expensive stroller. I initially tied a brightly colored bandana around it. Then I used a balloon and the bandana. The issue we found wasn't someone stealing it but finding it again after it is moved by the CM of the ride. The balloon on the side helped with that issue.

If you're really concerned about somebody stealing it, you can take a bike lock and attach the front and back wheels. You can't tie it to anything since it's a fire hazard, but at least no one will be able to push it if the wheels are tied together.

I wrapped purple metallic "star ribbon" up & down the legs of the stroller. Also, on the tray, I hung a mini-license tag (from NC, of course!) with my dd's name on it - made w/scrapbook stickers, or you can buy the generic name ones at Walmart. The stroller was so cute & everyone kept complimenting us on it! It was easy to find, and it would have taken a "thief" FOREVER to get everything off of it! ;)

Also, someone must have liked it so well, they left 3 Fast Passes to Space Mtn. on it, while we were on another ride! Gotta love that Disney Magic!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I was going to do the same thing as disney fan. Really decorate it to make it stand out and to discourage someone from stealing it.

If you're really concerned about somebody stealing it, you can take a bike lock and attach the front and back wheels. You can't tie it to anything since it's a fire hazard, but at least no one will be able to push it if the wheels are tied together.

A better idea if you want to use a lock is to attach either the 2 front wheels together or the 2 back wheels together. That way no one can use it, but if a CM has to move it (or you have to move it to get it in a better position to remove the lock), it can still be moved by tipping it onto the wheels that aren't locked.

A hint I've seen a lot, but would NOT do is to pour some Coke on a diaper, put it in a clear plastic bag and tie it to the stroller. The idea is that people will think it's a dirty diaper and leave it alone. Not too many people believe anyone would carry around a dirty diaper when there are garbage cans about every 20 feet.

The post I read about pouring the coke in the Diaper,they also added toosie rolls. For a really realist look and the idea was that They hadn't gotten to a trash can yet. And the deversion worked!! They could always find their stroller.

We bought a bike chain - the kind where the chain is incased in colored plastic and a combo lock attached to the end. We locked 2 wheels to each other. As for decorating - we usually had a ballon tied to it to entertain our son - so that is how we found it if it was moved. We would leave the diaper bag, which snapped onto the stroller handles, but took anything valuable (camera) with us.

what we do is take one of the disney luggage tags off our bags and attach it to the handle of the stroller along with the name of the resort we are staying at this way if someone walks away with it it increases the chance that we might get it back.

Are your balloons blown up from home or helium balloons? That sounds like an interesting idea.

I love the fake diaper trick. If nothing else it will help you (and everyone else) find your stroller.
:D

We tied a neon lime green bandana around the handle of our stroller. It was a huge timesaver as CMs would move strollers to make room while we were in line and on the rides. No one ever messed with our stroller. We left some sealed snacks, a travel case of wipes, and sunblock in the little bag on the back and no one bothered it. Just don't leave anything valuable or that can't be replaced in it while it is unattended.

Have fun on your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter