United CC

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Got approved by email for United CC and would like to purchase flights. However, I do not have my actual credit card package in mail yet, so I don't have the full number. I am not sure if I can purchase a ticket now, and if I can, who do I contact to do so? Also, when I make my purchase of flights, I want to make sure the 300.00 credit is applied. Has anyone done this and know the steps? Thank you!

Are you able to create an online account yet? You might be able to find your number that way. If not you might be able to call and get it. The only issue is is that you might need the CVC code that is printed on you card to make the purchase, usually the CC CS reps don't have access to that and it probably won't be listed online as it's to make sure whos ever is making the purchase has the physical card.

I would think the $300 credit will be applied automatically. But if there are any hoops to jump through to get it it would probably be included in the package when you get the CC.

Airline branded CC's and your Frequent Flier number will probably have to be linked so make sure you do that if it wasn't done when you signed up for the card. .

Chase (and Citi) doesn't issue "virtual" credit cards upon account opening, so you'd have to wait until you had the card in hand. AMEX does.

Chase reimburses travel credits as the charges are incurred.

Whenever I have gotten a new credit card from Chase in the mail, you had to call some 800# to activate it. Likely this is to prevent fraud from someone stealing the card while being delivered. I would assume you will get an automatic reimbursement for purchases that are included. I just renewed my TSA-precheck and the fee was deducted from my credit card charges without any action from me.

Have you checked your United account? I could be wrong but I kinda remember my United cc being automatically saved to my United profile/wallet. Try making a booking and see if the Chase card is an option to pay with

If you had your frequent flier number when you applied for the card it will be attached to your account. The 300 credit is on the first purchase as a statement credit. You can also earn 25,000 miles if you spend 3k in the first 3 months. However like all other airlines the miles do not go very far. My wife flies United a lot at least 20 RT to the other side of the USA in a year and the usable miles she earned are low lifetime miles are higher which is used for your status. But the free bags and first year fee free are well worth it for this card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter