Universal and Seaworld Trip Advice for family of 4 (dh, dw, dd10, ds6)

msukc

Earning My Ears
We have been to Disney 4 times the last 10 years. We did Universal a year ago and were surprised by how much we enjoyed it. We did not plan on going back for awhile, but my in laws are taking us all down to Universal (Cabana Bay Beach) for a couple of days and then a quick 3 night Carnival Cruise.

My family of 4 are arriving July 1st, before everyone else and then meeting up with the rest of the family (30 of us total). So we have Friday to Monday to do our own thing. I typically book flights right away when I see good fares and schedules and fill in the hotels later. I am now at the booking hotel part and I need to buy our park tickets.

Here are options I am considering for this trip. Would love to hear others input. My weakness is I am an engineer, over research things which impedes my decision making. I am hoping this forum can push me in a direction. Thanks in advance.

Option 1 - Stay at RPR Saturday and Sunday nights (Friday we'd stay somewhere else to save a few bucks since we arrive very late). Buy tickets for Universal that we can use for the entire stay and we get express lines for Saturday and Sunday; which we really liked on our last trip. Drawback is its pricey. $850 for two nights not including tickets.

Option 2 - Same as above but club level for another 200 bucks.

Option 3 - Off site hotel. I happened across Crowne Plaza. 3 nights with tickets. Park to Park 4 days and Seaworld is included for $1629 out the door. I know we dont get express passes but we hit all the rides last year. So express we would like but we have 4 days at Universal and one day at Seaworld with this. DW has been asking for Seaworld for a while (not something I am into though).

Option 4 - book Marriott Habour Lake. Gets great reviews. Two nights only $410 for a room. 1 BR are almost double. Apparently we could walk to Seaworld one day. Uber it to Universal one day.

Option 5 - Priceline or Hotwire the highest end hotel I can get and buy tickets separately.

I think having a kitchen (like a 1 BR at Marriott) would be a plus to save money and just have home cooked meals. Once we go to Cabana and then the cruise, it will be all restaurants for 6 days straight. I already eat out a lot due to work travel, gets old.

Anyone have feedback on these options or questions? Or maybe some other option?

Muchas Gracias!!!

KC

I would do RPR. With Kong probably open by then, crowds are going to be huge. I'd want express pass in my pocket. I think it will be worth its weight in gold in the heat.

I would do RPR just for the express pass since it's peak season the EP would likely be more than worth it.

rpr, it's that 4th of July weekend and the place will be packed.
your express will be valid for monday the 4th if you check out of the hotel that morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter