Universal AP First Time Parking Question

airplanegod

Airline Expert
I just purchased a Preferred AP and will have to go over at some point to pick it up/show proof of Florida residency etc. Disney of course gives you the option of activating them at Disney Springs which has free parking or showing your confirmation or getting reimbursed later. I was wondering if Universal would accept my confirmation as enough and waive me through, or are they pretty strict on charging you?

Nope, That is why it says free parking after the 1st one. But here is what you do...

Let someone else drive and have them take you to the drop off area. They can then go around the block a few times while you go in and get your AP. Have them come and get you and you can then go park for free.

Disney of course gives you the option of activating them at Disney Springs which has free parking

The difference is that the parking lot for universal is all one. Themeparks and citywalk are just the one big garage. And they charge for parking.

There's also a drop off road right past the Hard Rock that drops you off at the resort security point by the Studios entrance. A bit shorter walk and less crowded security line than the general drop off point. Works good for getting an AP activated.

Or, as stated above, go after 6pm and all parking for Citiwalk is free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter