Universal Early Morning Entry

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
So, I’m just wondering if Universal is only doing the early hour of entry at Islands of Adventure at this time or what?? That’s what it seems like to me from what I’ve seen but I could’ve sworn they would alternate which park it was. If this is true, is there a reason for this (other than probably Hagrid’s)?

Another thing I want to confirm is regarding Hagrid’s during the early entry… so I understand it correctly that basically if the ride was successful at starting up and opening for the morning, they’ll let the early entry guests join the queue and ride the attraction, no problem. If, however, the ride is experiencing difficulties in the morning, they say it’ll open with the park and to not waste your time waiting around and to join the virtual queue when the park officially opens? If so, I assume the best course of action would be to walk ahead and do Forbidden Journey (or potentially Velocicoaster if they have the JP area open) instead of wasting your early entry hour?

Any tips or tricks for early entry would be greatly appreciated!

I'm glad this topic is here. I'm a Universal newbie and coming after a few days at Disney. Like Minnie, I'm there in June where all parks have early entry.

My (very basic) understanding is get on resort transportation when it starts running and hour before early opening. Get there, get in, and head right for Harry Potter stuff (or as close as they'll let you). If in Studios, sign up for Ollivander's and do Gringott's; if at IOA, go to Hagrid's.

Is that about correct? Or am I massively missing something? Any assistance/guidance/insults appreciated.

I'm glad this topic is here. I'm a Universal newbie and coming after a few days at Disney. Like Minnie, I'm there in June where all parks have early entry.

My (very basic) understanding is get on resort transportation when it starts running and hour before early opening. Get there, get in, and head right for Harry Potter stuff (or as close as they'll let you). If in Studios, sign up for Ollivander's and do Gringott's; if at IOA, go to Hagrid's.

Is that about correct? Or am I massively missing something? Any assistance/guidance/insults appreciated.

On June 10 Velocicoaster (I probably butchered the spelling lol) will be open too so a lot of the crowd will split between that and Hagriid’s at IOA.

On June 10 Velocicoaster (I probably butchered the spelling lol) will be open too so a lot of the crowd will split between that and Hagriid’s at IOA.

Yeah, that's something else that I think will draw crowds away. I think my main goal is just understanding "You knock the "crucial thing" of HP in each park out early and then you just have more flexibility because with Express Passes you're covered elsewhere.

Thanks!

Yeah, that's something else that I think will draw crowds away. I think my main goal is just understanding "You knock the "crucial thing" of HP in each park out early and then you just have more flexibility because with Express Passes you're covered elsewhere.

Thanks!

We will prob do the 2 coasters for early entry if we even do it because my teen does not like Harry Potter (some times I wonder if I even know her lol). We will just use express pass on everything else and only ride the train once each direction on the whole trip since that express pass line is off the chain from what I have seen.

We will prob do the 2 coasters for early entry if we even do it because my teen does not like Harry Potter (some times I wonder if I even know her lol). We will just use express pass on everything else and only ride the train once each direction on the whole trip since that express pass line is off the chain from what I have seen.

I've got a 7 year old so his HP exposure is limited but he likes it so far (he certainly enjoys making me eat disgusting jelly beans!). We might do that train once, I agree with you, from what I've read that's a bottleneck and I'm not really in love with getting into that. I think one ride will satisfy the itch, hopefully.

I just feel like there is an entire subculture that speaks to "how to do Disney right" (as proven by the existence of this board but it's much harder to find any clear resource of "here's how not to waste your limited time at Universal" and it's got me freaked.

I've got a 7 year old so his HP exposure is limited but he likes it so far (he certainly enjoys making me eat disgusting jelly beans!). We might do that train once, I agree with you, from what I've read that's a bottleneck and I'm not really in love with getting into that. I think one ride will satisfy the itch, hopefully.

I just feel like there is an entire subculture that speaks to "how to do Disney right" (as proven by the existence of this board but it's much harder to find any clear resource of "here's how not to waste your limited time at Universal" and it's got me freaked.

I think the #1 tip on how to not waste your time at Universal is to stay at one of the deluxe hotels with included Express Pass. You get early entry and a shorter line on most of the rides. Sometimes you still have a long wait (like on the Hogwarts Express, and frequently Dudley's log ride), but most of the time it really makes a difference.

Other than that - it pretty much depends on what you like. I tried to make plans the first time we went to UO, but my kids only wanted to do certain things. We've been three times now, but there are still many things we haven't done, while others post that they get everything done in one day - clearly we have different touring styles. :) My kids enjoy hanging out in the HP areas for long periods of time. They have no interest in shows as much as I try to encourage them.

I think the #1 tip on how to not waste your time at Universal is to stay at one of the deluxe hotels with included Express Pass. You get early entry and a shorter line on most of the rides. Sometimes you still have a long wait (like on the Hogwarts Express, and frequently Dudley's log ride), but most of the time it really makes a difference.

Other than that - it pretty much depends on what you like. I tried to make plans the first time we went to UO, but my kids only wanted to do certain things. We've been three times now, but there are still many things we haven't done, while others post that they get everything done in one day - clearly we have different touring styles. :) My kids enjoy hanging out in the HP areas for long periods of time. They have no interest in shows as much as I try to encourage them.
Yeah we are staying at RPR so I got that solved at least. I’m just focused on taking full advantage of that hour, each day and the express passes, goodness knows I paid for the privilege.

We‘ll be there in late September… so our dates for hours and early admission are not yet posted. So, if USF and IOA alternate early admission in non-peak times, I’m not sure there’s a way to predict which park will have it during our stay until Universal posts the info.

So, if USF and IOA alternate early admission in non-peak times, I’m not sure there’s a way to predict which park will have it during our stay until Universal posts the info.

Usually during HHN months (September and October), early admission is on the Studios side since that park will close early (at 5 p.m.) on HHN nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter