Universal Hollywood Week After Christmas?

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
Will it be insane? Normally something like this would be... well, NOT what we do. But we have family in town between Christmas Day and NYE, and they've expressed an interest.

I haven't been since... 2015? Maaaaybe 2016?

Is there holiday stuff going on then? Worth a visit? Family is not dead set on it and can be convinced otherwise if it's a bad idea

Haven't been there in a while (2012), but I am going down there but haven't figured out whether or not I want to spend a day there. The one thing that's clear is that their dynamic pricing is higher that week, so obviously they're expecting higher demand.

I guess my only experience there after Christmas was decades ago, before they turned into a theme park. At the time they were mostly about the backlot tram tour and various sit-down shows about how movies are made. I distinctly remembered that they made mention of the Rose Bowl game between (looked it up) USC and Michigan State - 1988 (yeah I'm that old). They had some special effects/chromakey show where there was a biplane rig that did a barrel roll. It started off with a USC pennant attached to the side of the biplane, but then when it rotated around, the other side had a Michigan State pennant and that got a bit of applause.

I'm heading there tomorrow...Dec 23rd. $300 pp for admission and front of the line pass. It's a beautiful park at the holidays!

We went to Universal on Friday, Dec. 23rd. It was busy between 3 pm- 7 pm, and then felt calm again. The Hogwarts Illuminated Castle Show is not to be missed! Jurassic was down for quite a while, and then opened with a four hour wait. No thanks. We were glad to have purchased the frontof line pass as it took us 8 hours to get everything in with no wait time. The park is beautifully decorated, the cast members were fun and friendly to to a T, and our our fellow guests were amazing and fun. No issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter