• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal Hotels v Busch Gardens

GarryK

Mouseketeer
Over a year till we next go but as I haven't posted for a while (relic of a PC crashed and then I couldn't find the boards !) I need this quick fix.

Going for 17 days next July (2003). All with Virgin. First 14 in Kissimmee and then were planning to spend 3 days near Busch to save the drive there and back from Kissimmee. However, now fancy last 3 days at HRH or RPR @ US. So, to help me decide......

Is it a hassle driving to Busch and back to Kiss ?
How early do you have to leave at that time of the year ?
How do you get the cheapest rates for HRH or RPR - through Universal or is there a different way ?
What should I expect to pay for room only ?

Any help you can give would be brilliant.

Garry

Hi Garry - welcome back to the boards:p

Go visit Busch - well worth the time. Only 2 hours (max) journey. Don't know Kissimmee, but sure someone will come along who'll know the best route.

We've just booked HRH for one night while we're in Orlando in October. We're only there for a week before we move down to the beaches . . . but I knew we'd spend at least two days in Universal.

I've just booked standard room with pool view for $155 incl taxes - this is on the "Entertainment Card" rate (have borrowed card from friend). I had a choice of three rooms - the one I've booked, deluxe at $170 and just a standard room garden view ($140).

If you check in 9am, they take your bag(s), give you a key card which you use then for Front Of Line Access on all the rides. On the day of departure you check out by 11am, again using the card all day and they hold your luggage for you. Your room key card is also used as a credit card for any purchases made in the park/restaurants/shops in Universal or City Walk, which will then get charged to your room (oh dear;))

However, if you check out Simon V's update on Orlando at the top of this board, he highly recommends the new Universal hotel - Royal Pacific. The rates there look superb . . . so much so that we seriously considered moving, but had fancied doing HRH for so long:rolleyes:

I'd visit Busche while staying at Kissimee, the access is pretty easy and spend the 3 nights at the Universal hotels as they look pretty special and , at the moment, there are some pretty good perks for staying "on site" at Universal.

you need to allow about an hour and a half for the drive to BG from Kissimmee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter