Universal/IOA with small children

wdisneyaholic

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling to Disney in 2003 with twins that will be 21 months and a 4 year old. Are they too small for the parks? Which one would be better? Are there rides that we can all go on? Any info would be great, we have never been there.

Personally, I would wait until the twins turn at least 5. I think USF has more for little ones, Curious George, Barney, but not that much for 21 month old twins.

Patty

Sorry, they twins will be allmost 3. I must be loosing my mind, I can't even figure out the ages of my kids. So, it will be a 4 year old and 2 almost 3 year olds.

Hi wdisneyaholic,

Okay I'll give you my opinion on this. We took out then 3 year old (almost 4) to Universal in December. Honestly if I didnt also take my 8 year old we may have skipped this. What my little guy was able to do between the 2 parks was by far less than what the 8 year old could and wanted to do. My three year olds take was this....Is everything we ride here dark? (universal) He loved the water areas and some rides...hanna barbera, MIB. At IOA he loved seuss landing and the water areas and some rides...Spiderman was too intense for him he did ride it and didnt wanna repeat it. All kids are different but 3 and 4 is young. If you have intentions of doing it for them...it would be a different type of touring these parks and you could spend an entire day in these areas. (once the kids see a water park thats it) and also the curious george area keep my kids loving life for quite a while some of the shows at like Barney also would be good. There is baby swap for when you want to ride something that they cant . Just dont do too many in a row where the kids feel there is nothing for them. He voiced that to us also!:D Mix it up and I think you can have a great time. We did:)

Really it depends on you. They will be entertained all day but can you take doing the kiddie stuff over and over. We rode Cat in the hat 4 or 5 times, and the carseussel more than that. IOA probably entertains them more but IOA has more things you might enjoy that the whole family can do. WE went ot us/ioa more for our then 11yr ds andm yself than for 3 1/2 dd and DH. DD had a great time.

I am also curious about how young is too young at these parks. I will have a 6 y 4y and 20 mths when we go in novenber and we are debating whether or not it is worth it to take them to either park on this trip. Has anyone taken a 6 yr old? I am nervous now that I have seen what you have said about 4 yr olds. Any opinions? thanks

Claudine ..it really depends on the kids. Our DD was fearless at 2 1/2 but scared easier at 3 1/2. She did everthing at WDW that others thought would scare her (TTBAB, HM etc.). At US jaws scared her but she liked kongfrotation. I think Jaws got her becasue it looked like it wasn't going to be scary, like boats rides she has done numerous times before. Konforntation she was prepared for the scary stuff.

Thanks everyone, I think we may hold off until they are older. Maybe we should try Sea World, they may enjoy that a little more.

Thanks again
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter