• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal needs a Water Park!!!!!!!

lagasan

Mouseketeer
How about a water park at Universal? Wet-n-Wild just isn't good enough. I want (no... I think I NEED!) a water park right there on the property with the spectacular theming that I KNOW Universal is capable of!!!!!!

It could be the best water park ever!!!!!!!!

Please help me..... I need this water park.....

Earl???? IOA dudes???? You have to help me.......

circle.gif
boldlblue.gif
thinkblue.gif
fishswim.gif
splat.gif
errrr.gif
circle.gif

Don't get your hopes up. Wet n Wild is the most visited water park in the world. Not much if a driving force to build another one.

Hmmm.... I'm surprised they get so much business. We went because it was part of the flex ticket, otherwise we would have gone to the Disney water parks.

Maybe I went on a bad day. It was on a busy street with people trying to sell me things and trying to convert me to their religion right on the sidewalk outside the front gate. When I told them "not interested" they went after my 8-year-old son. They offered him some little toy. It was very annoying. They were there at the end of the day too. They used the same approach.

Inside the park, I thought it was similar to many other water parks (in other states). Kind of dirty, overcrowded, not very creative. I think Universal could do better.

Does anyone agree with me? Maybe I'm too critical. :rolleyes:

I must agree with the above post concerning Wet and Wild. While Universal may own it, it just seems to lack something. I went there 2 years ago and thought the Bomb Bay was the coolest thing. While it did get crowded, it seemed to absorb the lines pretty well(and did anyone get a look at the Skyscraper thing next door at the Golf place? Dear God, that looks nauseating). I was also assaulted by the cretins outside the place.

I thought the title to the most visited water park went to Schlitterbaun in Texas? Anyway,

I have never been to Wet n Wild. After going to parks like Water Country USA (Busch Gardens Williamsburg) and the Disney themers it just never looked that appealing. Kinda like the SF of water parks. Decent rides, blah atmosphere. We usually aren't in Orlando for more than a week at a time, and it is almost impossible to justify not spending all that time in the theme parks.

I'm glad to hear that this asset is not likely to siphon off any funds that could go into new attractions in the parks.

I agree!!! Wet N Wild is just not worth it!! When you have great alternative water parks like Typhoon Lagoon, & Blizzard Beach right there I would never go to WW again! Universal could make such a better water park with great themimg, or maybe they could rehab WW some day. (like with a 25 foot fence around it! LOL)

Let's come up with some ideas for the Universal water park.

I think it could have the same islands as IOA. The "lazy river" could go thru all islands....have dinosaurs peeking thru the palm trees and a machine-generated mist. The seuss area could be totally wacky with surprise waterfalls.

A duelin dragons waterslide would be for side-by-side racing. You could see glimpses thur clear plexiglass of your "co-rider" when the slides come close together.

I think an indoor area of the water park would be nice for winter time. There is a water park in Japan that has a HUGE roof that opens.

I agree that Wet n Wild was a major disappointment compared to
the Disney waterparks. We were there in late June - many of the
attractions such as the knee ski thing and the hydro fighters weren't even open. More disturbing was the fact that both my boys got the same bloody scratch on their backs after going down
one of the slides. I would think that would mean there was a rivet sticking out and who knows how many other people's blood was on that rivet. Uhhh! I regret not calling the management or the health dept.

I agree. We vowed we would never return to W&W after going once. BB and TL seemed so much better to us. I'm very surprised that it rates so high in frequently visited water parks in the WORLD. Wow.

All right, yes wetnwild is rundown and there is absolutely no theme to it whatsoever. But this, as stated above, is the oldest water park in the world, and when you think about it water parks didn't start theming until after Disney did it so you really shouldn't complain about the theming, just think of it as the SF of water parks. However the slides are getting old and the place could defenitely use a new paint job among other things. So what I would suggest to Universal is to close wetnwild during the winter months and renovate the whole place and put some money into it to make it a more acceptable water park that can compete with Disney's water parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter