Universal Orlando Reopened June 5th! CityWalk Reopened on May 14th

Saw some pics with people not wearing their masks (and they weren't eating at a restaurant). Shameful.

Yay!! I called reservations today to check on 2 upcoming reservations I have with one being in July.

I was told "yes, your July reservation is good because we are opening June 1st". I asked wide open and was told no, there will be attendance restrictions, new requirements and regulations like at City Walk.

I was not given any clarification as to what was implied. Good news!!

Yay!! I called reservations today to check on 2 upcoming reservations I have with one being in July.

I was told "yes, your July reservation is good because we are opening June 1st". I asked wide open and was told no, there will be attendance restrictions, new requirements and regulations like at City Walk.

That would be great news.

anyone notice that about the only people at city walk were a bunch of YouTubers? I'm just going by every video I've seen from every youtuber where they only have other youtubers in the background of their videos - I'm not sure if that is funny or just sad. :)

It’s more than great news as it’s been posted weeks ago June 1 is the opening target date
So now I am thinking that rather have 18 nights booked at WDW from 1 July, with 2 nights at UOR in the middle, maybe I should switch and book 7 or more days at UOR. The problem with that idea is that I am not a big fan of the food at Citywalk. However, I have never tried eating at the hotels. Time to do some research. (As ever blindly optimistic about being allowed to fly out on 1July😂).

I don't think they'd have all these restrictions to get into CityWalk just to have them removed once into either park.

Masks get put on outside security, stay on until you're back outside security again. (asterisk on eating, drinking, smoking, adjusting mask).

The reps will tell you this because they don’t know for sure. There is no announcement yet that has been made on a definite opening date for the parks. I would guess July would be more hopeful then June.

I went out to CityWalk briefly today for a quick walkaround, they are handling it pretty well (as well as you probably could anyway). Lots of entertainment, people welcoming you, offering help, etc. I walked around, noticed they have stickers up out in front of Islands of Adventure, potentially for reopening (whenever that is). First thing I noticed was the announcements they play while walking from the garage, the temperature check, they still have folks talking and welcoming everyone to CityWalk.

Did a quick walkaround, grabbed a few doughnuts and left. The restaurants that were open had a good amount of people in them (on the patios). I may try going back to Margaritaville with the family later after seeing everything in person.

There were a fair amount of people out there.
Not anywhere close to busy, but not totally dead

Universal will be doing presenting their reopening plan at the orange county meeting at 2PM EST
You'll be able to see it here

There's a few announcements and procedural things before the presentation, but it's one of the first things up. (Followed by smaller park approval)

Universal will be doing presenting their reopening plan at the orange county meeting at 2PM EST
You'll be able to see it here

There's a few announcements and procedural things before the presentation, but it's one of the first things up. (Followed by smaller park approval)

That'll be interesting to follow, although I may wait until afterwards since county meetings can be.... slow.

Universal Proposed Reopening to the public on JUNE 5th at the meeting. Invite only June 1st-4th (Annual Passholders will have a signup at some point for June 3/4)

If I heard currently too, they will require masks (which I don't think it's a huge surprise considering you have to wear one at both City Walk and Disney Springs)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter