Universal Paper Tickets

wee-haggis

DIS Veteran
I ordered and received an emailed copy of our our Universal ,bar coded tickets. Do we have to carry around the 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of paper every day we go to the park ?......or can these bar coded tickets be transferred onto our Key cards at the Universal resort we are staying at ? Thanks

No, that's your ticket now........

Universal and the hotels are seperate entities......not like Disney where your park cards are connected.

Fold them with the bar code showing and out them in a lanyard.......make extra copies in case they wet.

I ordered and received an emailed copy of our our Universal ,bar coded tickets. Do we have to carry around the 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of paper every day we go to the park ?......or can these bar coded tickets be transferred onto our Key cards at the Universal resort we are staying at ? Thanks
For future trips you might want to do Will Call pick up at the kiosks. You will get the "regular" tickets instead of a sheet of paper.

I don't agree with the other poster...

I also had paper tickets for our first day (of 4) and after asking around, we were able to turn them into the smaller credit card sized ticket that was MUCH easier to carry vs. a giant piece of paper.

I also had paper tickets for our first day (of 4) and after asking around, we were able to turn them into the smaller credit card sized ticket that was MUCH easier to carry vs. a giant piece of paper.

Can you please tell me where you were able to do that?

Can you please tell me where you were able to do that?
It was actually at the Hogwarts Express train station in Hogsmeade. We decided to ask after forgetting to do so at the entrance to the parks (because the line was so backed up). Without questions, they converted our paper passes to the wallet sized and we were on our way. :)

you don't have to agree with another poster but fact is, she was correct.

do the print out for tickets at home and have the paper sheet tickets or order kiosk pick up and receive actual tickets.

there are always an exception when a guest is unhappy with not having actual tickets and talks to guest services to replace them.
sometimes that will happen and sometimes it does not.

you don't have to agree with another poster but fact is, she was correct.

do the print out for tickets at home and have the paper sheet tickets or order kiosk pick up and receive actual tickets.

there are always an exception when a guest is unhappy with not having actual tickets and talks to guest services to replace them.
sometimes that will happen and sometimes it does not.
That's very odd that they aren't consistent in letting people exchange their paper tickets for a standard one. As I stated, we got no push-back and they did it right away for us the first time we asked.

guess you were lucky. :yay:

since there is a charge for the kiosk pick up, many do print at home tickets to avoid that additional kiosk surcharge.

there can come a time when guest services will stop doing the exchange for free.

as a moderator, i list what UO states as policy.
information i give out is based on what the UO/darkside follows.

of course there will be some posters that will state their experiences in the parks which is never a problem.
anyone can share their personal experiences but it does not mean everyone will have the same outcome.

Yes, PP was lucky.

We see many people complain ove the years about not being able to change the sheets of paper for real tickets.

It's not guaranteed that will happen for anyone.

[QUOTE="macraven, post: 56730125, member: 49094since there is a charge for the kiosk pick up, many do print at home tickets to avoid that additional kiosk surcharge.[/QUOTE]guess you were lucky. :yay:

Is there a surcharge for kiosk and guest services? how much?

Last time I did kiosk pick up when I bought tickets for my son back in 2014 think it was a couple of bucks for some fee tacked on

I have a preferred AP and do my renewals by phone each year so have not used the kiosk since then

since there is a charge for the kiosk pick up, many do print at home tickets to avoid that additional kiosk surcharge.

I've done willcall=kiosk (chose wc but went to the kiosk) pickup twice and I haven't had a charge. (Once for tickets and once for an AP)

And I've read more than once in the last year that you can go to guest services and get the paper printout tickets exchanged.

Just went through the mobile site with ticket ordering...

Maybe a charge is something that comes and goes, but this is from today and our previous no-fee-for-kiosk/wc order experiences were in 2011.

image.png

ours are supposed to be at will call the first day and then I guess we keep them after that, I am assuming they are going to be regular sized tickets?

ours are supposed to be at will call the first day and then I guess we keep them after that, I am assuming they are going to be regular sized tickets?

If you're getting them at wc then they will be normal tyvek/paper tickets. Get there early; lines can be annoying. Might even send one in your party to the kiosks to see if you can get them from the machine (while another goes to wait in line just in case). Both times I've done wc i was able to get them from the machine.

I wanted the printed out tickets so I wouldn't have to worry about forgetting them or having them lost in the mail but they were a pain. They looked perfectly normal but wouldn't scan. We were told to go to guest services which was 40 min out of our day (they need EP). They said it was pretty common for the print at home ones not to work due to variations in printer crispness and printed the small ones for us. She said that if you take a picture of the small tickets they can replace them if they get lost or left at home. I'll take that approach in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter