• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal Private Parties/Meetups

AtlantaDisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
I found online that a group (don't know if I can mention them here) is selling tickets for a private event at Universal Orlando, which they have rented for one night in March. It sounds really cool. It is three hours of hanging out in the Wizarding World and dinner.

We may be in Orlando in April and, though we were not planning on doing Universal at that time, I would spring for something like that- a special ticketed event with lower crowds. My DD (9) has just finished the third HP book and is fascinated with the series. She has been to WWoHP, but that was a couple of years ago and she was unfamiliar with it. Now that she knows all about that magical world, I want to take her to experience it with a new outlook.

Anyone know if an event like this might be going on the first week of April, or is this just an annual thing?

Do other groups rent out the parks and sell tickets? I had never heard of this before.

I was wondering about this event myself. It seems like they held the event last year as well so appears to be a one night only annual event. I was wondering if anyone attended as I can easily drive up from Miami to go to it if worth it.

I was wondering about this event myself. It seems like they held the event last year as well so appears to be a one night only annual event. I was wondering if anyone attended as I can easily drive up from Miami to go to it if worth it.

Made me wonder if just anyone can rent out the park after hours and sell tickets.

I think I would try it out if I could. Wish I could get away from work long enough to do it, but this date just doesn't work with our schedules.

Made me wonder if just anyone can rent out the park after hours and sell tickets.

I think I would try it out if I could. Wish I could get away from work long enough to do it, but this date just doesn't work with our schedules.

In general, yes. Anyone with enough money can rent out the park after hours and can sell tickets, if they wish, to try to recoup the cost.

There was something going on after hours at IOA on Thursday. there was about 8 large buses and we saw people withspecial lanyards leaving IOA at about 10pm the park closed at 6 to the general public.

There was something going on after hours at IOA on Thursday. there was about 8 large buses and we saw people withspecial lanyards leaving IOA at about 10pm the park closed at 6 to the general public.

Sounds like so much fun. Wish I knew someone who might rent out the park for a night.

My wife, before she retired, attended a big conference for her company at the Royal Pacific several years ago, and the conference highlight was a private party at the recently opened Wizarding World. They had Hogsmeade and all the attractions and shops to themselves for three hours, 7 - 10 PM (maybe 8 - 11), plus catered eats. I think there were only 300 people in attendance.

I could not go with her that time and what upset me was that she rode FJ only once, when it was basically walk on. I couldn't believe that!

I was there this past Saturday which was our last day so we stayed until the parks closed. I caught them setting up for a party at Hogwarts. I never did learn what the event was for but the buffet tables even stretched out into Jurassic Park. It could have been a massive corporate event for all I know but it was neat watching them set up. Here are some pics.

hogwarts party.jpg hogwarts NEW.jpg

I was there this past Saturday which was our last day so we stayed until the parks closed. I caught them setting up for a party at Hogwarts. I never did learn what the event was for but the buffet tables even stretched out into Jurassic Park. It could have been a massive corporate event for all I know but it was neat watching them set up. Here are some pics.

View attachment 205664 View attachment 205667

Great pics! Thanks for posting. But they are in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and they get salad, hamburgers, and hot dogs?? Sounds like a muggle party to me. :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter