Universal Quick Service plan ?s

TinkerBeth21

Earning My Ears
I have a couple questions about the Universal Quick Service Plan. I've found conflicting info so far, so I thought I would ask here where someone might have experienced it first hand.

1. Does ButterBeer count as a drink if you order it with your meal at either the Leaky Cauldron or The Three Broomsticks? I know that it can count as a snack (although someone said it didn't count for that either when they tried, so I guess I want to double check here too if it can count as a snack), but I want to make sure it can count as the drink with your meal (not the extra drink you get with the plan). And as a follow up, does it also count as a drink with a kid's meal (son is 9 and would love one with his meal)?

2. If I order a combo meal that includes a milkshake, do I still get a drink with the meal besides, or does the milkshake count as the drink?

3. Another kid's meal question: Are there kid's meals at the Fast Food Boulevard? If there aren't, can my son order a regular meal and use his card, or would he have to have an "adult" card for there?

4. Just double checking, but the credits carry over so I can use them another day, correct? Even if I buy 1 day, I can use the meal one day and the drink and snack another? Do they never expire, or is there a certain length of time for use?

Thank you all for your help. Please let me know if you've experienced any of these first hand and when, since timing seems to change the correct answer. The more recent the experience, the better for me!

Butterbeer counts as a snack only, not a beverage. I usually get pear cider or pumpkin fizz as a beverage with my meal in potterland.

Combo meals are 1 meal credit no extra beverage.

Not sure about kids meal.

Yes, you can use your credits on different days.

This is what was posted for 2017 on the UO website.
Have not seen the 2018 version yet in case there are any changes.

9 and under is considered a child for buying the quick service meal

Call Universal and ask if any exceptions are made for using the kids menu

page1image17184
page1image17776

$ ADULT

$ CHILD 99

Adult Entitlements:
• 1 Quick Service Meal: 1 entrée

platter, 1 non-alcoholic beverage • 1 Snack
• 1 Non-Alcoholic Beverage

Adult Ages (10+)

PLUS TAX Ages 3-9, Children’s Menu options only

PER PERSON PLUS TAX

Child Entitlements:
• 1 Quick Service Meal: 1 children’s entrée

platter, 1 non-alcoholic beverage • 1 Snack
• 1 Non-Alcoholic Beverage

When I was there in September I was offered a drink with my combo meal multiple times - so for example you could get the burger combo meal with a milkshake and also get a bottle of water.

I had some success with butter beer at HP places - I think they allow it with breakfast but not lunch - ask when ordering.

According to the rules the credits do not carry over - but they do. I am not sure for how long - but I have used them over multiple days without issue

One other thing - unless you really use the credits correctly you may not break even - the only reason I even purchase it is they offer a deal in September for pass holders (buy one get one half price) - so really look at it before purchasing - the good thing is you can buy it on the day or even when you are ordering your meal

Thank you all so much! We aren’t sure we are even going to get the plan, but I wanted to be educated before deciding.

Like most things at Universal, at times thing to be YMMV.
For example, when I ordered a combo meal W/ Milkshake at Simpsons Fast Food Blvd. The Cashier asked if I wanted to get my drink I forgot. So, when I did get the Milkshake was part of the meal and I still got a drink.

Fortunately, you don't need to buy the meal plan in Advance. You can order lunch and based on how expensive it is, decide if you want to pay for the meal plan instead. I went in September when they had Buy one Get one 1/2 price with an annual pass. It was a great deal at that price.

A drink with a combo milkshake meal is hit and miss. All quick service meal locations have a children's menu. It is very easy to lose money on this plan- unless you use most/all of the credits in the wizarding world. If you get a butterbeer or expensive ice cream as your snack, a pumpkin juice or other drink in one of the restaurants for your drink, and an expensive meal you will come out slightly ahead.

The credits do expire. The stated terms say you must use them that day, but people have had no issue using them the same trip. The exception is the deal for passholders that they offer, though the system still forces the cashier to put in a date. I watched one cashier put in a date for several years in the future, but that may be standard practice only for the passholder offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter