Universal Studio and a 6 year old

No...don't do it! We just returned from a trip last week to USH with a 5 year! There was alomost nothing for her to do. She was even frightened on the backlot tour!

I've taken an eight year old girl before and she loved every bit of it, even being a little scared on Jurassic park and the Mummy. However, your six year old may or may not like it, depends on how she is with things.

First, if she's too short to ride the big ticket rides (like Jurassic Park and Mummy) you can get her a cheaper pass for the day. Both of these rides can be scary for little ones. The dinos on Jurassic Park, right before that big drop can be scary (unless you can explain that they are bolted to the floor and can't hurt her), she can check out the drop before getting on it, see all the people scream then laugh, that might help. The Mummy is full of skeletons, curses, and scarab beetles, and can be very scary (my eight year old kept her eyes closed the entire time, even in line).

Back to the Future, although not really scary, can be intense, but if your six year old likes both Star Tours and Soarin at Disney, then she'd like BttF. Terminator 2 3D is also very intense with a combo of live action and 3D. Like the previous poster said, even the backlot tour can be a bit intense, there's King Kong and the Earthquake that some kids find scary (then there's the way too cheesy shark coming at you, that only the very young would find scary, as my eight yr old said "people actually used to pay money for this?" :lmao: ). Van Helsing is a haunted house, and Fear Factor, though not scary, is just gross.

However, Shrek should be loads of fun for kids. If she likes stunts she'd like Waterworld. She'll probably love nickelodeon's blast zone, she'll get soaked by the way. And some kids like Special Effects stage. And all kids loooooove the animal show...that baby orangutan is just too cute for words. :)

So it just depends on how adventuruos she is, if she loves the E ticket rides at Disneyland or WDW then she may love Universal.

looking at the Universal Studio website I really wasn't sure, but I think we will pass on that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter