Universal Studios Hollywood VIP Experience exit and re-entry?

ngl

DIS Veteran
We will be taking our first trip to Universal Hollywood and doing the VIP tour. Looks like there are not many options for in park full-service dining (but please correct me if I am wrong) With the VIP tour pass could we go out to CityWalk and eat and go back into the park? If so, what is the closest restaurant to the Universal entrance? Any guidance is appreciated.

Here is a Contact Us link to write or call for an answer.
You may have been given a specific way to contact VIP tour TMs with questions… check any confirmation email you received after booking the tour.

Last edited:
The VIP experience includes breakfast and lunch. We did the tour a couple weeks ago and enjoyed the food. The breakfast was served in the lounge after you check in and included cold croissant sandwiches, fruit, pastries, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, coffee, and multiple juices. The lunch was a buffet served in the Moulin Rouge and included what I felt was a higher end buffet for a theme park (salads, hot items, tuna poke, roast meat, desserts, soft drinks). It felt higher end as it was served on real plates/silverware, had nice tiny glass jarred condiments, soda and flavored Pellegrino water. Both meals were very satisfying and filling and the tour lasts almost the entire day, so I don’t know that a meal on your own is necessary or would fit into your day based on standard theme park hours.

Last edited:

Yes lunch is included with the tour in a sit down restaurant and on the 3 I’ve done it’s been pretty good.

I guess you could leave the tour, exit the park to eat and re-enter the park but the tour won’t wait for you as you’re generally in a group. Not like there’s anything that so fabulous in Citiwalk it’s worth the risk or trouble tbh.

I think it’s a bad idea and you should reconsider, it’s only 1 meal after all.

I assumed the OP was talking about dinner, and returning to the park after dinner. If OP was talking about lunch, then the above posts are correct.

We will be taking our first trip to Universal Hollywood and doing the VIP tour. Looks like there are not many options for in park full-service dining (but please correct me if I am wrong) With the VIP tour pass could we go out to CityWalk and eat and go back into the park? If so, what is the closest restaurant to the Universal entrance? Any guidance is appreciated.
I was a TM at the park for a little while :)

The tour will last most of the day and include a very nice breakfast and lunch. You can totally leave and come back to the park as many times as you want. The "closest" restaurant and the nicer sit-down restaurants you're probably thinking of are about a 2-minute walk away from the exit of the park. YMMV on how much you want to do in the evening after the tour with your express pass badges.

If I were doing the tour, I'd enjoy the included breakfast and lunch and stick with the tour all day. That evening after the "guided tour" is over, I'd get some re-rides in using the unlimited express pass you have after the tour. Once the park closes, then I'd grab some dinner on CityWalk. BUT, I'm a crazy college student who likes going all out on rides and could take or leave a nice meal.

Have fun at the park!

Thanks to all for the info! Yes, sorry, I did not specify. I was referring to dinner. We will be at the park until near close (9:30pm) so figure we will need dinner after the tour ends (unfortunately, will not be able to wait until 10pm to eat dinner!)

When I did the VIP tour, I found that after filling up on breakfast at the hotel, then realizing the VIP continental breakfast was great (so ate more) and then enjoyed the excellent buffet lunch, that I really couldn't have eaten a sit down restaurant meal for supper.

The VIP tour will probably end well before then, probably around 4pm to 6pm at the latest so it wont be an issue.

I assumed the OP was talking about dinner, and returning to the park after dinner. If OP was talking about lunch, then the above posts are correct.
Yes, this. We will be on the VIP tour all day. We will not be leaving until 9:30 (transportation picking us up). We understand our tour will end at about 5-6. Thinking of getting dinner then and going back into park after dinner for a couple of hours before our pick up. (Growing teens so no option of skipping dinner even with a big lunch!!)

Yes, this. We will be on the VIP tour all day. We will not be leaving until 9:30 (transportation picking us up). We understand our tour will end at about 5-6. Thinking of getting dinner then and going back into park after dinner for a couple of hours before our pick up. (Growing teens so no option of skipping dinner even with a big lunch!!)
My first reply to this should then be good to get you started.
If you are asking me which restaurant I would go to after a full day of VIP experience (which I have done about 4 times now), I would probably still vote for the 3 Broomsticks, or perhaps Toadstool Cafe (only because I haven't been there yet!), I just don't find the restaurants in Citywalk to be that great or worth the effort of leaving the park and re-entering.

However, if that is what you want to do, you shouldn't have any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter