Universal Studios Hollywood

TigerBear

Found him!
Has anyone been to US Hollywood lately? I'm wondering how it compares to its sister park in Florida.

We visited Universal Studios Hollywood last fall.

The fundamental difference between USH and USF is that USH is a working Movie Studio that has had a Theme Park grafted onto it and USF is a Theme Park that is adjacent to a place where they make movies.

ET is pretty much the same in both parks.

USH's version of Jurassaic Park is about twice as tall as USF, and the theming is better (you will get wet, period).

USH has Backdraft which USF doesn't, and it is excellent. The 'Waterworld' show at USH is excellent.

USH doesn't have Jaws or Kongfrontation (they each are a small portion of the Studio tour).

My kids and I really enjoyed USH - it does take a full day to see everything - and the fact that you will probably see some actual 'stars' on the studio tour is kinda kewl.

Have Fun!
-bruce

newsig.gif

Well-

USH's Jurassic Park is shorter than the one in IOA. It's a foot shorter than IOA's to be precise.

ok i'll bite Notatourist and Earl, what is the 12 inch difference for?????:confused:

USH JP may be shorter, but it is definitely wetter, no matter where you sit you get soaked. :)
USH no longer has its Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue. :(
I heard you can get FOTL at USH if you pay more for a special ticket. I would advise doing so, the lines and waits can be horrible at USH.
Aloha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter