Universal VIP tour - any positives going later?

bbeagle

DIS Veteran
There are multiple times for the Universal Hollywood VIP tours. 9:45, 10:15, 10:45, 11:15….

Are there any positives to doing the later tours? Shouldn’t everyone choose a 9:45 if it’s available?

I can't answer your question for sure because I think the time is just a personal preference. Some people aren't morning people and may want to sleep in. I picked the 10:45 tour because I am driving over DL that morning. I did verify with customer service that you can pick up your VIP lanyard any time from regular opening on. That allows you to start riding and skipping lines right away. However, the early Nintendo hour admission is not included with VIP.

My family and I have been enjoying these tours for years, and each time feels like an even more amazing adventure than the last.

From skipping the lines at our favorite attractions to the incredible behind-the-scenes access, the VIP experience truly makes us feel like Hollywood royalty. We've explored soundstages, walked on real sets, and even caught glimpses of ongoing productions – it's an insider's dream come true!

One of the highlights for us is the personalized attention we receive. Our guides have always gone the extra mile to tailor the tour to our interests, whether it's diving into the movie-making process or focusing on the theme park's history. And speaking of history, the stories our guides share about the entertainment industry are like gold nuggets of Hollywood trivia.

Oh, and the dining – let me tell you, we've had some of the most delicious meals during these tours. There's something quite special about enjoying a VIP-exclusive dining experience that adds an extra layer of magic to the day.

Another thing that keeps us coming back is the small group size. It creates an intimate atmosphere where we've had the chance to connect with fellow enthusiasts and even make a few friends along the way. It's like a little VIP community of its own!

As we gear up for another unforgettable year of Universal Hollywood VIP Tours, I wanted to ask if there have been any new additions or updates to the experience. We're always up for discovering more of what makes this experience so unique.

If you could share the details about availability, pricing, and any new features, my family and I would greatly appreciate it. We can't wait to continue our tradition and create even more cherished memories in the world of Hollywood magic.

Thanks in advance for the info, and looking forward to another fantastic adventure.

Matt Mahgrefteh

So, I guess the best is 9:45. I’ll try for that one.

We will get there at 8:30, buy Nintendo watches in Citiwalk, then check in to VIP and get breakfast. I’ll explore Nintendo land during the tour, and after the tour is over.

While driving to Universal, I’ll try to reserve Toadstool cafe for like 6:00 PM

Is this a good plan?

Last edited:

So, I guess the best is 9:45. I’ll try for that one.

We will get there at 8:30, buy Nintendo watches in Citiwalk, then check in to VIP and get breakfast. I’ll explore Nintendo land during the tour, and after the tour is over.

While driving it’s Universal, I’ll try to reserve Toadstool cafe for like 6:00 PM

Is this a good plan?
Would check when stores in City Walk open... know we walked through on our VIP morning from shuttle drop off and everything looked pretty much closed.

If want to do the band games in Nintendo Land, would plan on a couple hours more after the tour...wait was about 30 minutes per game when we were in there (Didn't do the bands). You don't do a lot of exploration during the tour, but there's not a whole lot outside the games and rides...our guide pointed out a few things, then we got in line for Mario Kart. MK is still a 20-30 minute wait with VIP. (Of course it went down when we were in line, so left and came back at end of tour, which ended up with not seeing the Waterworld show...could have stayed until a later show, but was under the weather so just left.)

Find out what have to do for reservations at Toadstool cafe. Again, didn't do it, but there was a sign no reservations were available for the rest of day we were there.

The only reason I can think of is if you wanted to also buy early entry to Nintendo World.

Wow! The February 2024 VIP tour price increases compared to January 2024 are INSANE!

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 2.07.03 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-09-01 at 2.07.14 PM.png

I found a reason to take a later tour time.... Super Nintendo World. To be able to get a Toadstool reservation and have time for mini-games in the less crowded early entry.

Say the park opens at 9am.... early entry into SNW at 8am....

I get to the entrance of the VIP at 7:30am, get my VIP lanyards, and grab a quick 10 minute breakfast in the VIP. (Will it be out this early?)

Go to SNW for early entry 8am, stay a couple of hours doing all the mini-games and get a 9:30-10:00am reservation for Toadstool cafe. Show up at the VIP Tour at, say, 11:15am. (Our second lunch would be around 2:15pm)

Do the tour, and when it ends around 5:00 - head back to the Nintendo area.

Universal just added 2 higher price tiers on their VIP now. $499 and $509. mid-December to January 7 are now $40-$70 higher.
Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 2.51.43 PM.png

I found a reason to take a later tour time.... Super Nintendo World. To be able to get a Toadstool reservation and have time for mini-games in the less crowded early entry.

Say the park opens at 9am.... early entry into SNW at 8am....

I get to the entrance of the VIP at 7:30am, get my VIP lanyards, and grab a quick 10 minute breakfast in the VIP. (Will it be out this early?)

Go to SNW for early entry 8am, stay a couple of hours doing all the mini-games and get a 9:30-10:00am reservation for Toadstool cafe. Show up at the VIP Tour at, say, 11:15am. (Our second lunch would be around 2:15pm)

Do the tour, and when it ends around 5:00 - head back to the Nintendo area.
We did tour at 1000 and it was perfect. We did early entry to SNW after eating a bit of food (it was out and quite tasty, pretty sure we were first people there). We then got to SNW road MK 3 times, had soup at Toadstool cafe then went to HP area when it opened. We had time to ride the rides there and walk around a bit while everyone else was in SNW. We practically had the place to our selves which was great for photos. We thought the timing was perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter