Universal weekend strategy: Jurrasic & Harry Potter

chezcurrie

DIS Veteran
Hello all - hoping someone could confirm the best strategy for tackling Universal on a Saturday (this Saturday to be exact). We are staying at the Garland and have their transportation to the park so won’t have to deal with parking.

We are a family of 5 with 3 boys ages 12-8-5. Our priorities are everything Jurrassic and Harry Potter. We didn’t get to ride Forbidden Journey last we were in Florida due to crowds (Dec 26, never again) so that is a priority. The 5 year old is 44” so we will use Rider Switch for Forbidden Journey and the big boys can ride twice. He is excited to use his wand in Hogsmeade because he was only 3 in Florida.

My thinking was hit the lower lot first to do Dinos then head to Hogsmeade. Then let the big boys go off with dad and I’ll take my little to do secret life or meet the grinch. Then mid-day break at the hotel and back to Hogsmeade for christmas lights and snow. Is this doable? The boys would love the studio tour so not sure when it would be best to do that. These are literally our 3 priorities so don’t need to “do it all”.

I've been tracking wait times a bit lately, and usually the Harry Potter lines get long before the lower lot. So it would probably work best to go to the Harry Potter rides first, then head to Jurassic World between 10 and 10:30. Then you could either do lunch followed by the studio tour or vice versa.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!

I've been tracking wait times a bit lately, and usually the Harry Potter lines get long before the lower lot. So it would probably work best to go to the Harry Potter rides first, then head to Jurassic World between 10 and 10:30. Then you could either do lunch followed by the studio tour or vice versa.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!
Awesome, thank you - this was exactly the insight i was hoping for. HP #1 priority so makes sense for us! Thanks again!

Hi, we will be there on Saturday too, with similar goals, although my kids have to do the Simpsons ride (barf, literally lol)

just curious if you’re getting the express pass?

Hi, we will be there on Saturday too, with similar goals, although my kids have to do the Simpsons ride (barf, literally lol)

just curious if you’re getting the express pass?
Nope. Not worth the $ for the few rides we would use it for. We’ll still be on east coast time so getting there at open shouldn’t be an issue.

I would do Harry Potter at open because the last time I was there, the lower lot didn't get busy until 11 or so

I would do Harry Potter at open because the last time I was there, the lower lot didn't get busy until 11 or so
Awesome - we are planning on bookending our day at the park with a mid-day hotel break, so feeling confident we can hit our 2 priorities no problem. My kids are very much the “soak up the ambiance” type. My middle noticies EVERY LITTLE DETAIL. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter