• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal's Loews properties hot tubs open yet?

I hope the OP comes back and tells us they didn`t postpone their trip, had a lovely time.

I've been silently stalking this info for months now lol. I was hoping to read that they were open at HRH before we head back next week. Worst case, I'll be enjoying Disney's tot tubs after the parks for a few days before we stay at HRH next week. Fingers crossed they open in a week :earboy2:

The one at Aventura was closed when the hotel reopened so I assume they are all still closed

There was a noted shortage of chlorine products to sanitize pools and hot tubs earlier this spring. First, because the stay-at-home orders in 2020 caused many families to put in pools or hot tubs on their property increasing demand, and then a hurricane last summer severely damaged one of the few factories in Louisiana that manufactured the chlorine tablets and it won't be rebuilt/reopen until 2022.
Our building's pool hasn't opened yet this year, usually it's open by Memorial Day.
I'm wondering if the hotels are prioritizing their pools over their hot tubs for chlorine usage due to the shortage. I don't think it's over any Covid concerns if everything else if open and running.

There was a noted shortage of chlorine products to sanitize pools and hot tubs earlier this spring. First, because the stay-at-home orders in 2020 caused many families to put in pools or hot tubs on their property increasing demand, and then a hurricane last summer severely damaged one of the few factories in Louisiana that manufactured the chlorine tablets and it won't be rebuilt/reopen until 2022.
Our building's pool hasn't opened yet this year, usually it's open by Memorial Day.
I'm wondering if the hotels are prioritizing their pools over their hot tubs for chlorine usage due to the shortage. I don't think it's over any Covid concerns if everything else if open and running.
Oh right. Duh. I forgot about this. 🤦‍♀️
And I still have holes in my roof from that hurricane and my home was under the shelter in place from that chlorine plant fire the morning after. It’s been a long year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter