Unknown Must-Do's!!!

Epcot: friendship boat through the world showcase lagoon. Not over exciting but a different view.

Magic kingdom- early ressies for early park entry. Love seeing the park almost empty.

HS- Take time to watch the streetmosphere characters

MK - Peoplemover (in the rain), Sleepy Hollow chicken and waffle sandwich, Frontierland Shooting Gallery

EP - Living with the Land (right next to Soarin' yet passed by almost everyone), Tangierine Cafe in Morocco (our go-to CS restaurant)

HS - Writer's Stop (loved that carrot cake cookie!), Animation building meet-and-greets and displays

I love this thread! My DH was complaining, "We always do the same things over and over!" Now I'm planning a "stuff we've skipped" day at MK, maybe I'll do it at all the parks.

We did this on our last trip, across all 4 parks built largely on information/suggestions I read about in a thread similar to this one. We call it our Disney Bucket List & we add to it all the time. We had a BLAST taking time in each of the parks to try new things or seek out Hidden Mickeys we'd missed, etc. It was a super relaxing, great family bonding time type of activity & we ALL thought it was our best park day ever. I'll dig the thread up & link it here - it had tons of lesser known facts about the World & DH especially loved the history to it all.

I also agree with you about the Carrot Cake Cookies - I don't even LIKE carrot cake and I was arm wrestling my DD8 for the last crumb of the one we split. :rotfl:

We skipped Nemo @ AK for years because we thought we'd be uninterested & after finally catching it last May I want to kick myself for missing it before. Seriously beautiful show with some amazing talent.

I 2nd the People Mover at night (especially during fireworks!), PUSH, chicken waffle sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow (hold the slaw on mine please), Monsters Laugh-In, Haunted Mansion at dusk (we did this inadvertently & it was TOTALLY cool) for MK.

I'll add riding BTMRR at night - way better than daytime, like a totally different ride.... we all think so. And look DOWN sometimes - the walkways in the area around Aladdin, Dumbo & New Fantasyland are some of my favorite details in MK!

DH hemmed & hawwed over Sum of All Thrills & now it's one of his favorite Epcot attractions.

Behind the Seeds is a really fun way to relax for an hour at Epcot (we scheduled ours for the hottest time of day so we could be indoors) if you're into tours. DD loved learning about the techniques they use in their greenhouses.

Please link that thread! I told DH my plan and he really liked the idea of doing new things at Disney. I will add the Friendship boats to my Epcot list; I forgot all about those and we've never done them before. We'll have 3 adults on this trip so we can finally do Sum of All Thrills. We don't like riding alone much so we can take turns babysitting DS and do more grown-up stuff.

1. AK: ice cream in camp minnie mickey and the walking trails
  2. HS: carrot cake cookie at the writters stop.
  3. Epcot: living with the land. and watching the fountains at night
  4. MK: 626 dance party, TTA, dinner at cosmic rays.
  5. Downtown disney: cooke's of Dublin, goofy's candy company,basin,and the Hess station accross the street

Please link that thread! I told DH my plan and he really liked the idea of doing new things at Disney. I will add the Friendship boats to my Epcot list; I forgot all about those and we've never done them before. We'll have 3 adults on this trip so we can finally do Sum of All Thrills. We don't like riding alone much so we can take turns babysitting DS and do more grown-up stuff.

We must've been posting at the same time. My Dh LOVED some of the stuff I learned in this thread about things like the hearse outside of the HM (turns out it was a prop in his fave John Wayne movie) & off the wall stuff that just enhanced our whole experience. :goodvibes

Here it is again ;)

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088430&highlight=best+insider+fact

Thanks for all of this. And I'll definitely keep reading and I look at the other thread that PP just posted as well....

My issue is the fact that I get lost in the moment, probably as soon as I get to Our first park... Forget about everything i learned and read on here. And then kick myself when I get home :(

Been an avid reader since before my 2010 return, and still haven't done many things I have wanted too.... I just forget, or get too hot and tired... I'm trying to take better notes for this year and hope to avoid missing new experiences..

thegib95 said:
Thanks for all of this. And I'll definitely keep reading and I look at the other thread that PP just posted as well....

My issue is the fact that I get lost in the moment, probably as soon as I get to Our first park... Forget about everything i learned and read on here. And then kick myself when I get home :(

Been an avid reader since before my 2010 return, and still haven't done many things I have wanted too.... I just forget, or get too hot and tired... I'm trying to take better notes for this year and hope to avoid missing new experiences..

This in part I'm worried about the other part I'm worried about is my dh not being able to relax and try new not so thrill seeking things!

Laugh Floor @ MK
My family loves Epcot! We really enjoy strolling around the pavillions. My daughter LOVED the Kim Possible (Now Agent Ps) missions around the pavillions. We also loved the department store in Japan, its neat to look around in there.

2 of my son's favorite things to do the last time we were there was hula hoop at MK before the parade started and at Epcot at night there were these lights in the sidewalk/concrete that come on and make designs- pretty cool.

My must do is to take a day and get a Fiesta Margarita from Mexico and go watch all of British Revolutions sets in the United Kingdom. They sing different songs each set. They are the nicest guys to meet.

Also I love watching Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial in Magic Kingdom. The one we saw in February looked just like him.

Looked like him? :eek:What do you mean? :scared1: Isn't he real like Mickey and Minnie?? :worried:

:rotfl2:

thegib95 said:

To overcome this, as i read something on the Dis that interests me I keep notes, by park, of special things I want to do, see, drink or eat on our next trip. I keep that sheet in my purse/bag and look at it on the way to the parks each morning. It really helps! Last trip I didn't do thing and I retained nothing that I read ahead of time (sensory overload I think).

Mulch, Sweat & Shears performing in front of the Hat at DHS. Electrical Water Pageant from one of the Resort beaches. Walking around DTD in the evening and enjoy the entertainment.

My boys love getting their hair cut at the main street barber shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter