Unlisted Ceremony and/or Reception Venues?

Melanie_Ravenswood

Earning My Ears
While the DFTW website is far more helpful now than it has been in years past, it still only offers a fraction of the park and resort venues that are available for special events. The Disney events/meetings site is lately even more convoluted and vague about these offerings than it appears to have been in the past.

So, other than the options listed on DFTW, what are some WDW venues that have hosted wedding events or are rumored to in the future?

Personally, I can see a boatload of money to be made off of receptions at BOG.

While the DFTW website is far more helpful now than it has been in years past, it still only offers a fraction of the park and resort venues that are available for special events. The Disney events/meetings site is lately even more convoluted and vague about these offerings than it appears to have been in the past.

So, other than the options listed on DFTW, what are some WDW venues that have hosted wedding events or are rumored to in the future?

Personally, I can see a boatload of money to be made off of receptions at BOG.

They don't do any receptions inside MK, they make far more money from the park than weddings, plus I don't think they have the kitchen space, and the park is dry.

It seems like if you have a place in mind, it doesn't hurt to ask. Especially if it's in AK or HS. The recent couple on the Wedding podcast had their wedding on the safari which wasn't offered before but now because they asked, they are putting together a marketing package.

It doesn't hurt to ask. Although, I don't think DFTW has very much control over the locations.

During our initial sales call, our sales person asked if we owned DVC which we do, and then specifically where we owned. When we said Bay Lake Tower our sales person said DFTW has been trying to get into Top of The World Lounge but DVC would not allow it even though that prime location sits empty all day everyday. DVC finally agreed to allow weddings but only for BLT owners so of course we jumped at the opportunity to have our reception there. We got married last week.

One more note about atypical locations - Disney does a great job with repetition. Since we were the first wedding at this location (there was a vow renewal there in February) there was quite a bit of stress with how we would set up decorate, and how everything would flow. I will say our planner was awesome and worked her tail off but it took several phone calls and going back and forth to finally get it right. So make sure you consider that if you are going to do something unique.

Last edited:

I totally understand why they wouldn't do receptions inside MK, but I am genuinely curious about ceremonies. I know that if you have buckets of money lying around you can do (nighttime?) ceremonies in front of the castle, but there are other locations that I'm sure people would book if they knew they were available. Haunted Mansion and parts of New Fantasyland are the major ones that come to mind.

Also, do any of you know if in-park reception spaces can also be ceremony spaces? Por exemplo, holding a ceremony in the Belvedere Palace Ruins or the Everest Base Camp with/without a reception to follow in the same place?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter