Unofficial Guide Question

dbail2

DIS Veteran
From the Unofficial Guide which are the best days in the summer to go to Epcot?? And the Water Parks?? I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet and I am afraid we will be in Disney before I get it.

The guides you buy in the bookstore are usually out of date even when they first come out. By the time they set them up and have them printed, the info is old. Online guides are the best bet.

This is the info posted:
Part One - Planning Before You Leave Home

(Page 38) In the "Our Recommendations" section, the best days to visit the Magic Kingdom are Wednesday and Friday in summer, and Tuesday and Wednesday are least crowded during the rest of the year.
During off-season at Disney-MGM Studios, try Monday and Wednesday.

For Epcot, Monday and Thursday are least crowded from January through May.

During high- or low-season, visit the Animal Kingdom on Tuesday or Sunday.

My question is not answered here........
HELP.............

My guess is Sat or Sun and avoiding the EE day of weds unless you are going to the EE then go and switch to another park in the afternoon. I also wonder if the nights you are there and there are fireworks at the MK if it would cut down on evening crowds at Epcot? Just thinking it might draw some of the evening crowd away from Epcot.

Hi dbail2,

I'll check the 2004 edition when I get home. Do you plan on taking advantage of Early Entry in Epcot?

Thanks,

Len

My 2003 unofficial guidebook says Sat and Sunday are the best days in Summer for Epcot.

For water parks, it says Mon, tues, Friday and Sunday mornings in that order.

Monday and Friday according to the UG!! When are you going? We are going July30 -Aug 7 and I'm having a hard time finding a good day to go to the water parks. So far, the best place that I can fit it in is Saturday afternoon (hoping crowds will have thinned out) and Monday.

As promised.

From the as-yet-unreleased 2004 edition of the Unofficial Guide:

"During summer, crowds [at Epcot] are smaller on Saturday and Sunday."

and

"At Disney-MGM Studios, Monday and Friday are best during summer."

Hope this helps. Thanks for your interest in the Guide. Let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

Sincerely,

Len

Hi Len,

Just a little free advertising here. I have so enjoyed reading the 2003 version. I have the 2000 version and loved it and read it backwards and forward, so I thought I was wasting money by getting the 2003. Well, I've been reading this new one forwards and will get to the backwards. It has changed tremendously and it's definitely worth getting the new one. Great updates, maps, new recommendations, etc.!

We are going to be at the boardwalk from July 12 to the 22nd......I am going to go with all the least crowded dates to visit the parks.....No EE days this trip....
What about DQ and the water parks???
Thanks Len you were a big help....And I do recomend that book to everyone. It is my favorite....

In 2003 UG there is a lot of talk about Epcot being swamped during week with school groups. Do you think that will be case this fall? Is there anyway to find out from Disney which days they have groups coming? We all love Epcot. We arrive on a Saturday and want to see Spectromagic so right now I am planning Epcot on Sunday and 1 or 2 evenings in week. We are going to MNSSHP on Sunday eve so we will need to nap on Sunday and won't be getting up early on Monday!

Hi Miscrapper,

Epcot's my favorite park. I think you'll probably see an increase in Epcot guest levels starting mid-August, when Mission:Space opens. If the ride is as good as the early reviews say, it should be a nice shot in the arm for the park.

It'll be interesting to see how Mission:Space affects the wait times at the other attractions. With both Mission:Space and Test Track in Future World East, I wonder how many people will be in FW West? Will Body Wars become more crowded with guests focusing on that side of the park?

The good news is that most Epcot attractions are engineered for large crowds - more so than, say, the Magic Kingdom, so lines should still be manageable with judicious use of FASTPASS (and a good touring plan, natch).

I'd say Sunday would be a good day to see Epcot in the fall. It's an EE day for the Magic Kingdom, and the local kids would probably have visited on Saturday. The evening touring is also a great idea, especially with the dining options in World Showcase.

Dbail2, I'll check the best days for the water parks, but I don't think they've changed from the 2003 edition.

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments about the Unofficial Guide. We know a Disney vacation is a significant financial and emotional investment, and we really try to help you get the most out of it.

Sincerely,

Len

Lots of locals do the water parks on the weekend anytime the weather is warm! We used to live in Jacksonville and knew lots of people who would drive down to the water parks on Saturdays, mostly during the summer. I would avoid those days if at all possible!

Len,

Thanks so much for posting this information. I am currently planning our fall trip and I always like to plan an itinerary. It would be impossible to have this type of question answered merely by other vacationer's experiences. I'm so grateful to have this reliable info based on time spent watching and recording crowd patterns.

crazymomof4

I also wanted to give a thumbs up to the Unofficial Guide. I am putting together the last of my planning. Your book is sitting right here on my desk while I type up my itineraries.

I bought the Disneyland version too! We did the whole park in ONE day thanks to you (and the 2 hour downpour of rain in December!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter