Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Just saying hi to the chatterati for the tuesday show. Thanks for putting together a show on Monday for us. Sending much love to Julie and family. :grouphug:

:hourglass
I have been researching new ideas for meals and now own an instant pot. Just in time to convert old favorites to low/no salt versions when possible. DH is enjoying his workouts at the gym. The dog loves the changing of seasons... me not so much at 3 am with her looking for the right pine cone/stick.
I am thinking of not watching anymore Big Brother (already watching 1 or 2 shows/week this season) and realizing during the week that news shows start this week like NCIS I might do more Fall cleaning this week and go through boxes to be ready to move again in the upcoming year (most likely still local...need to start looking in the next few months).

:hourglass
I have been researching new ideas for meals and now own an instant pot. Just in time to convert old favorites to low/no salt versions when possible. DH is enjoying his workouts at the gym. The dog loves the changing of seasons... me not so much at 3 am with her looking for the right pine cone/stick.
I am thinking of not watching anymore Big Brother (already watching 1 or 2 shows/week this season) and realizing during the week that news shows start this week like NCIS I might do more Fall cleaning this week and go through boxes to be ready to move again in the upcoming year (most likely still local...need to start looking in the next few months).
Been thinking of an InstaPot, and/or an air fryer, for myself for awhile. Just trying to figure out the difference (besides faster, I would assume) between an InstaPot and a crockpot (which I already have). Like what would/could I make in an Insta that I can't in a crock - so that I can justify the purchase to myself.

Have watched Big Brother every single season since the beginning, and will continue to do so. What I did try (and did NOT like!) this season was Big Brother After Dark. Too much whispering! And since I live in a noisy area, and it's very hard to hear the TV anyway, it just annoyed me. It's on a channel I can't watch on my tablet (could watch in bedroom, which is quieter than living room, where TV currently is).

Hey everyone...I hope everyone is doing well. I may need some extra prayers...my one medicine was recalled the beginning of September and I am using the last of what supply I had and tomorrow will be my last day. It is an inject-able medicine to help with my hypoparathyroidism (low blood calcium). They don't know when the recall will be lifted from FDA. It could take up to a year. I am going back on my regiment that I was on before I started this medicine (which included lots of pills and lots of Tums). Of course, if it gets too bad I will have to go to the ER to get an infusion. I am hoping that it doesn't get that bad, but it may. I hated the way I felt before this medicine and I am going back to that feeling. I am a little scared about this so some positive thoughts would be awesome!!

Hey everyone...I hope everyone is doing well. I may need some extra prayers...my one medicine was recalled the beginning of September and I am using the last of what supply I had and tomorrow will be my last day. It is an inject-able medicine to help with my hypoparathyroidism (low blood calcium). They don't know when the recall will be lifted from FDA. It could take up to a year. I am going back on my regiment that I was on before I started this medicine (which included lots of pills and lots of Tums). Of course, if it gets too bad I will have to go to the ER to get an infusion. I am hoping that it doesn't get that bad, but it may. I hated the way I felt before this medicine and I am going back to that feeling. I am a little scared about this so some positive thoughts would be awesome!!
That sucks. It's always a problem when a med gets recalled or withdrawn because even though it may have had issues, it also typically helped many people. Good luck to you. I hope you tolerate the alternative treatment better than you did in the past.

Celebrated my son's 6th Birthday today. Went to the aquarium and then out for Italian. Great day, but I am exhausted. I realized I am down to 3 days! :scared1:

Prayers and positive thoughts for you.
Dealing with some medications seem frustrating---dh had trouble with getting a refill this month on one because of the computer system issue and it took a week to straighten it out. I think it took several doctor visits and like 5 or 6 months to get dh's sleep study appointment since there is a backlog. We hope that he can get a new machine that can be updated easier. The machine that he has been using was a replacement unit that we had to get after his first one crashed at WDW. That trip was special because we got to spend time with Bawb and Corey Martin at the Studios as a prize. :)

Have you consulted a nutritionist to see if it helps you make food choices/plans that would lessen the negatives? It help DH and I in some new ideas since his diagnosis of heart failure/heart attack. We had usually buy low sodium prior, but even those are not really better than regular food items so we look more at sodium counts to keep under 2000g a day plus trying to watch the carbs for our borderline diabetes numbers. DH has been feeling a lot better and more active. I try to have spices and foods that are known to be anti-inflammatory which helps my joints and overall health.

Last edited:
Celebrated my son's 6th Birthday today. Went to the aquarium and then out for Italian. Great day, but I am exhausted. I realized I am down to 3 days! :scared1:
Happy birthday to your son! I made Italian too (found a no salt added spaghetti sauce and used some of instant pot batch of chicken that we made together).

We are trying to figure a time to go for a getaway and its tricky to fit in a quick trip to his Mom's (dh has a stag HS reunion in November after Thanksgiving). He wants WDW bad...even if its hanging out at the resort and maybe a party ticket. I came close to making a solo trip for my birthday (Southwest sale/points, birthday credit for Landry) and I didn't want to spend a lot right now since we need new brakes soon/car inspection plus other stuff.

Healing light, gentle hugs, and positive thoughts all being sent, @1Grumpy9 !!

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts. So far so good, but I am starting to feel the effects of not having the injection medicine. I have a fresh supply of Tums and I have my pills with me. Hopefully I can get it caught up quickly that it doesn't get worse.

Happy belated birthday to your son!!

It's feeling like fall here in WNC! My favorite season!

Wednesday is our fastpass day for our December trip - I have to be at work at 6 am so thankfully I have a TA who is going to make them for us.

:woohoo:I had my Publix chicken tender sub fix tonight----for free (half sub in my email). We are not sure how much candy to have on hand for Halloween now that we are back in the city...got some that was buy one get one free sale plus coupons... so we have 3 mini or maybe its fun size candies (then bought some M&Ms for us to ration weekly...not bad on sodium if measured out for a treat.

I teased dh by telling him that I might still a WDW trip in a few weeks when he is off for my birthday and I would sending him pictures/video of the fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter