Unpopular Opinion - I didn't like Oogie Boogie Bash

Coming from Europe this is going to be a longer and probably an expensive trip. I understand that many things went wrong with the booking system, causing a lot of stress. How quickly did dates in early October sell out?

There were two sales. A pre-sale for Magic Key holders and a regular sale. The regular sale shut down in about 5-10 minutes due to bots or something buying up tickets. So they tried again at a later date (was is a week later? 10 days? I can't remember) and the every date sold out in about 8 hours

Yep, last year it took about 3 days to sell out all dates. This year it took less than one day (for general public). So if you want to go you need to plan on getting in the online queue as soon as possible at launch and plan on spending the day trying to get a turn to purchase. And have more than one date option ready to select if at all possible as dates can sell out while you are waiting.

There were two sales. A pre-sale for Magic Key holders and a regular sale. The regular sale shut down in about 5-10 minutes due to bots or something buying up tickets. So they tried again at a later date (was is a week later? 10 days? I can't remember) and the every date sold out in about 8 hours.
Did they announce the second date?

I am an AP holder in Disneyland Paris, they are also terrible at selling tickets for special events. I can prepare for Disney-booking-stress ;-)

I have done MNSSHP in WDW in 2012, last Halloween party in Disneyland Paris I did was in 2018. I often skip other parties in Paris as they are usually too crowded to be entertaining, unless there is some very special entertainment. I have a feeling OBB might be worth a try, if I go in with a decent plan.

Did they announce the second date?

I am an AP holder in Disneyland Paris, they are also terrible at selling tickets for special events. I can prepare for Disney-booking-stress ;-)

I have done MNSSHP in WDW in 2012, last Halloween party in Disneyland Paris I did was in 2018. I often skip other parties in Paris as they are usually too crowded to be entertaining, unless there is some very special entertainment. I have a feeling OBB might be worth a try, if I go in with a decent plan.
Yes, all dates were announced including the “make up” sale date that happened after the bot attack.

I went with the understanding that we couldn’t do it all. We focused on the parade, treat trails, and Villian’s Grove. I loved the characters on the treat trails. To me, they were much better than the Mickey’s party at Disneyland where you had to stand in line to see any characters and they rotated them out. We didn’t get to every treat trail and that was okay. We had to secure a place for the parade so my DD was front so she could see. That was a choice we have to make. We secured our spot about 45 minutes before the parade. Villian’s Grove was fantastic! We did that later - after the second parade - and were able to stop and watch things that interested us. I would say that the whole experience was a 10 in our book. We also narrowed what characters we were willing to stand in line to see. The Sanderson Sister’s were on our list and from tips here, we lined up during the second parade. Was it worth the cost? Probably as a special treat but not on a yearly basis. I also feel like it could have gone for at least another hour. We didn’t do any rides other than Guardians of the Galaxy Monsters After Dark during the mix in.

I went with the understanding that we couldn’t do it all. We focused on the parade, treat trails, and Villian’s Grove. I loved the characters on the treat trails. To me, they were much better than the Mickey’s party at Disneyland where you had to stand in line to see any characters and they rotated them out. We didn’t get to every treat trail and that was okay. We had to secure a place for the parade so my DD was front so she could see. That was a choice we have to make. We secured our spot about 45 minutes before the parade. Villian’s Grove was fantastic! We did that later - after the second parade - and were able to stop and watch things that interested us. I would say that the whole experience was a 10 in our book. We also narrowed what characters we were willing to stand in line to see. The Sanderson Sister’s were on our list and from tips here, we lined up during the second parade. Was it worth the cost? Probably as a special treat but not on a yearly basis. I also feel like it could have gone for at least another hour. We didn’t do any rides other than Guardians of the Galaxy Monsters After Dark during the mix in.
Can I ask how long you waited for the Sanderson Sisters' photo?

I know it might sound redundant but the more research you do, the better (IMO) experience you will have.

My bf and I will be going again this year on the 24th of the month after his first time attending last year. This will be my 3rd year attending and 4th overall party as I went to 2 in 2019.

Last year was the special Saturday D23 party we attended and also was the first year they had the Sanderson Minnie Daisy and Clarabelle. We waited several hours in line at the beginning of the party time to meet them, but it was a priority and we had no idea if they would ever be back again so we HAD to meet them. This was even after lining up prior to 6pm in their meet line.

Even after waiting in line as long as we did we still had plenty of time for everything else. We did all the treat trails and honestly the only one that had a “wait” of sorts was Ernesto, but again that was the first year he was included and was also in a much smaller area so it was a def quickie treat trail as they were trying to get people in and out on that one because of the line. We even went through some of the treat trails multiple times!

We caught one of the parades as it passed the main hub and didn’t have to fight anyone for a spot lol.

We even had time to have a meal at Flo’s and sit and eat.

The only thing we didn’t accomplish was Villain’s Grove, but since I knew we would return to OBB at some point, being this year lol we will make this a priority this year, along with the Sanderson again because they are FAB!! Also want to see the new villains this year.

We don’t ride rides during the party because as someone else said, you can ride those any other day, priorities should be parry exclusive things like trials and special meet and greets that aren’t normally at the park. We aren’t really a fan of GOTG so the special edition for the party is not for us either.

As far as crowds go I mean it IS Disney and you’d have to expect that there will be lots of people and lines will be long…did we also feel last year that crowds were larger than normal? Of course…but again we expect there to always be crowds and lines no matter what time of year or season, it’s Disney!

Long story short, research is your friend and you definitely will have to prioritize what’s most important to you during the party. Also avoid the things that you can do any other day at the park, it’ll give you more time for the party exclusive things.

I have enjoyed MNSSHP (And MHP once at DL), but I don't much care for the character meets anyway. For me it is about the general vibe, shows, and relatively short lines. I honestly don't understand why people would spend half of the party time in line for a character meet. OOB seems to be cool, but it lacks enough original shows. They used to do a Halloween WOC, right? If it had that, some other shows, and a parade, that would be enough for me. I kinda wish it was still at DL, but I guess they couldn't figure out the Star Wars equivalent of Halloween.

I think we waited for the Sanderson Sisters about a 1/2 hour. Like I said, we lined up during the second parade. We found the lines really calmed down after the second parade. We also skipped Cars Land until we were walking out. You can see everything and do everything on a non OBB night minus the treat trails so that was crossed off our list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter